Boston Acoustics VRS
Description: Dual tweeters, each in its own sub-enclosure, fire sound to the front of the room, and to the back. These drivers are responsible for frequencies between 350Hz and 20, 000Hz. A high-performance 4 1/2-inch (115mm) bass unit produces those below 350Hz. The VRS cabinet is sculpted to blend with any decor. Wall or ceiling mounting is easy, thanks to its included bracket.

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2001

Bottom Line:
A truly magnificent piece of work. Excellent sound. I originally had all Infinity speakers and am slowly moving up in the world in terms of upgrading. Not to knock on Infinity, but I feel that Boston give a much more tremendous value for the money.
I first purchased a set of Boston CR-85's to go in my system for my bedroom after reading reviews online and then listening at my local dealer. Once getting them home I was blown away and immediately moved them into the den. Simply incredible with a sub.
Sub-wise, I originally had a Infinity BU-120 but was never really impressed with it and I traded it back in for the Klipsch which I have been happy with. However, as I get more and more into this, i've A/B'd the Boston sub with the Klipsch and find the Klipsch much boomier. Ask me what that has to do with the VRC? Well, it has everything to do with it. Quality of sound.
I really believe that Boston gives the purchaser the best value for their hard earned dollar. Yes, there are better speakers out there, but only on ones costing twice as much. The CR-85s sold me on Bostons, then the VRC's made me a Boston purchaser for life.