Boston Acoustics VR1
Description: <ul> <li>Dual 6½" DCD bass drivers</li> <li>1" VRH.O.tweeter</li> <li>Tight, point-source driver alignment</li> <li>MagnaGuard magnetic shielding</li> </ul>

Submitted by Steve63 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I was incredibly lucky to get a 2 for 1 deal on these fine speakers.
I couldn't beleive what I was hearing (or seeing, these are very beautiful to look at
in the cherry finish) for $300.00 per PAIR ! When I got them home I hooked them
up to my JVC RX807V receiver 120w Super A amp. The output was tremendous.
At first I thought that the highs were slightly harsh, but a few adjustments to the EQ
and after a reasonable breakin period these speakers really sing. Bass response is very
good. I use a sub, but listened to these w/o it hooked up and was very impressed.
For the deal I got I don't think you could do better... The $600.00 list price is a very good
deal and I would have paid that for them. If you see a pair of these, try them.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by NeilsdDunn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great tight bass and clear highs. Boston makes probably the best mid range price speakers. these look great and sound as good as most audiophiles need for a mid power system. Mine are driven by a ADcom HK receiver amp preamp combo (old school style) and they handle that pure power extremely well, no boomy bass or overly bright highs or mids. If yu can't afford Def. Tech. or B and W, these are great towers! I also have the newer CR5s which sound great too, but don't have dual woofers per cabinet.

Submitted by thedude69 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have just got 1 pair of VR1 to replace my ageing Kenwood speakers which were purchased together with a home audio system some 10 years ago. One month before that, I bought an Onkyo TXSR501 AV receiver and as expected , the Boston speakers are light years apart from the Kenwoods. Anyway my intention was not compare these two products as they fall under different categories. Anyway, I am very satisfied with these VR1s as they are very detailed and crisp.