Boston Acoustics VR 960
Description: Lynnfielf Speaker - 8" Powered Sub, 4.5" Mid and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Jaas a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
They are good speakers and they sound excellent but I've been skeptic to push my denon all the way

Submitted by Monty Rowland a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2008

Bottom Line:
Ive loved Klipsch for so many years now, I never listened to other speakers that much. Alough a friend was selling these and asked me to come listen to them...All I can say is I was blown away by the output of such a slim speaker..I couldnt beleive the sound from the slim towers..Im defenitly a Boston Acoustics fan now...Klipsch I still love you, but I cannot stay 100 percent faithful now.

Purchased At:   friend

Submitted by azjoe35 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 20, 2005

Bottom Line:
I wanted to follow up on my review from 2001. I wished to add that when I originally reviewed the speakers I was still using my JBL sub and hadn't bothered to use the Boston's built-in sub. I made the poor assumption that the 8 inch subs in the Boston's would not compare witht the 12 inch JBL; how very wrong I was. One day I experimented and connected the sub cable to one of the speakers and I was thrown back! An unbelievable sound. I have since moved my JBL to my bedroom and utilize the Boston's only for my main and sub speakers.

The speakers hav a main hook-up and a dedicated sub hook-up as well. I'm not sure how the bass works with and not against the sub (seeing the speaker is the same) but it does. The control knob on the rear controls the amount of sub you hear. You can rumble the house on#3 setting--which is low!!!

If you are able to pick a pair of these up I can't see you going wrong.

Purchased At:   Showcase Home Elctro

Submitted by atriker a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
These speakers are detailed and put out a good amount of bass. They are razor thin but they are very powerful. Really great if width is a factor in placement!!!!For a grand you will not go wrong.

Purchased At:   tweeter

Submitted by hatesony a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great speaker, I didn't have any packaging problems like stated in other reviews. I'm no mid-range expert but I they do the job. The high are awsome I compared them to Klipsh and heard the difference instantly. Not a fan of the horn tweeter to high pitched. Built in sub is a space saver but I need to adjust the volume often. I guess I can't find a happy medium for music and DVD's.
I also compared to mirage and if you think these speaker lake in mid then give a listen to them. Overall very pleased they do what I bought them for. Clean sound to listen to a movie or music. Good speaker for the price

Purchased At:   Tweeter