Athena Technologies WS-100
Description: <ul> <li>Dynamic high performance</li> <li>1" Teteron tweeter</li> <li>3.5" woofers</li> <li>3.5" passive radiators</li> </ul>

Submitted by Tim D a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased a pair of Athena WS-100 's as they were clearancing them at Best Buy. I was drawn in by the style of the speaker and the small foot print. I also liked the height of the speakers. I have been using a pair of old Radio Shack, yes Radio Shack, Pro LX-7 for my front speakers for years. I have tried severaa other brands, but always returned them as the LX-7's sounded better. Well, that ends with the Athena. It's the first speaker which plays the higher notes better with it's tweater. Also, the overall sound range has increased as well as the speakers ability to play more background instruments clearly. Overall, it's the best sounding speaker I have tried outside of the $1000+ plus models on the audiophile stores. I rate them 4 stars, as yes, hgher end speakers do sound better. I rate these a 5 for value and if you can get a pair for under $300..go for it.

Purchased At:   Best But