Proscan 42LA45H LCD TV

Submitted by tuldom84 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
Two years ago I was looking for a budget TV but it had to have 1080p (for my ps3, I wanted to take advantage of the best quality picture possible). After much research I went into sears and saw this TV looking better than the more expenseive Sony's and LG's so I was sold. You do have to tweek the settings slightly out of the box. The most important tweek is to I turn off DNR (Dynamic Noise Reduction); Black Level Extender, White Peak Limiter and Flesh Tone - All had been ON by default. They produced clay faces and off colors. Now it is perfect, I've even recieved compliments such as "This is the best looking HDTV I've ever seen" no joke the blacks are black whites are white. It is absolutely incredible for the $900 I spent 2 years ago. The price is still hard to beat. The picture is gorgeous, I could not be happier. Two years going strong without a quirk. The speakers are pretty standard nothing special, the stock mount is kinda clunky but i purchased a swivel mount for it anyway. Asthetically it looks great with the piano black glossy finish. BUY IT!

Product model year:   2007