Coby TFTV1923 LCD TV

Submitted by Ladyday2010 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2010

Bottom Line:
This product is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. It was purchased right after Thanksgiving 2009 and I'm writing this review a few days after New Year's 2010. Since the first week it has given me trouble. The TV allows you to input your own channel names (or labels) which I did for at least 50 channels and within a couple of days it started dropping a couple of labels. Dropping means that when I turned to that channel or look it up on the channel list the name has been erased and only the number would appear (e.g. channel number is 10 - channel label is ABC). Within a few more days all 50 names were gone. Next it started dropping channels (e.g. scrolling thru my channels it would skip a channel number as if it didn't exist). I would have to rescan in order to find all my channels. Now today it has dropped a block of channels (several channels at one time) and I have rescanned 5 times since yesterday but the channels won't come back. It was on sale after Thanksgiving for $128 but if I can't get the channel then what am I getting? I live alone with my two dogs and they have shown no interest in watching TV so it's not them. Also, this erasing or dropping of channels/labels happens WHILE I am scrolling or changing channels. One minute it's there but when I try to go back to it, it's gone and I have to rescan all over again. ONE GOOD THING - the picture is great when you can get it. Buyer Beware of Sale items!!!

Product model year:   2009