Apex Digital AD 660
Description: DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 Player

Submitted by flatrock a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
The overall operation to date of this unit has been excellent. Great picture and has always operated until the remote failed. It is difficult to watch a movie without the remote working unless you like to always have the close captioned turned on. I finally got a hold of APEX, ordered a new remote but they never sent it. It is almost impossible to talk to a live person there to place an order. I sent an e-mail & they advised me to call.
Additionally, generic remotes do not support the APEX so that is not an option. To bad, I'll buy Korean or Japanese next time.

Submitted by Brandon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Some DVD's do not play on it like Jack Frost 2 It keeps saying Parental violation When i play movies that are the same rating and then i go into the setup and i look at parental settings and it says adult so it doesn't play certain dvd's

Purchased At:   Circuit city

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 1, 2002

Bottom Line:
It was OK when it worked, but recently it stoped to work
All of a sudden it would not turn on. As soon as I press power button I start hearing repeating clicks (about two or three a second) and power light is blinking with the same frequency. Looks like it is in standby mode.
Customer service does not answer emails.
I guess I should look for another player.
After searching web I relized it is a common problem for this model. So, be careful.
Btw, if someone knows solution for this problem, please email me at ioffem@attbi.com.

Mark

Submitted by Jack Giliam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I liked this unit so much I bought one for my Son in-law off of EBAY. When I got it,(from ebay) the 660 was dead. I called the Company Apex and they treated it as if I had bought it from a store. I enclosed my Ebay paper work, (I printed out)and sent them the DVD player. I had it back and repaired in less than 2 weeks. Very pleased.
The DVD has an very good picture. It plays my MP3's if recorded correctly. It plays the family movies and old tapes I have tranferred to VCD's.
Has wonderful web site support.

Purchased At:   Sams Club & EBAY

Submitted by Mandy S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had this dvd player for almost one year and i have had no problems with it at all. i use it regularly and i love it. it plays all types of discs, dvd, vcd, cdr, cdrw, and many more less known types. great picture, i use the s video ouotput. great sound. plays all region dvds due to region free option in menu. plays multilayer dvds also, which many lower end players do not.
over all a great product at a great price.