Apex Digital AD 1500 DVD MP3 Player
Description: - NTSC & Pal Video Outputs<br>- Fast Motion Forward<br>- Slow Motion Forward<br>- Multiple Angle<br>- Multiple Language Subtitles<br>- Frame by Frame Advance<br>- Programmable Playback Sequence<br>- Built-in Screen Saver<br>- Zoom( 2x, 4x)

Submitted by joy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
WARNING this thing started the "no disc" stuff after watching the rugrats dvd with the special scratch & Sniff feature. Bought it cheap because we could afford it, and now we have a dvd collection and no player!

Purchased At:   walmart

Submitted by BILLSKI421 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I thought that this might be a great deal. I mean who can beat $57.00? Well it worked all of 6 months before it crazy. I would watch a movie and in the middle it would eject on its own. But not before the screen froze every 10 seconds. I am now embarrassed to admit that I own an Apex. Thought about writing the company till I saw these reviews. What a rip-off!

Purchased At:   K-MART

Submitted by GV a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Like others, I thought this would be a flexible, medium quality unit for the price. Bought it mostly because it played DVDs, CD, and MP3, was small and cheap. It worked fine for about 8 months, and then quickly went bonkers. Turn it on, and there's an even chance the LCD will either 1) be blank, 2)light up all the elements, or 3)display 'no disc'. Regardless of the display, there is a 90+% chance that the tray won't come out. If it does, once you push the tray in (you have to push it because the buttons don't work) with a disc inserted, won't play ANYTHING on ANY media type. Too light to use as a paperweight, too small for a lawn ornament. Other reviews suggest use as a space heater might be approporiate.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Kimberly Sherrill a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I made the biggest mistake in purchasing this product. I guess I got what I paid for. How can I get my money back? The machine only plays particular DVD'S. I can't go to Blockbuster and rent an DVD due to the terrible quality picture. I always have to return the dvd and purchase on video. The screen goes light, then dark and then a blue screen. How does APEX get away with murder in manufacturing these substandard machines?

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by K a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
THIS PLAYER SUCKS...HOW CAN YOU FIX THIS "NO DISC" ERROR? I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT UNTIL FIVE MINUTES AGO!!!! APEX PISSES ME OFF.