Sony CDP-CX335 Multiple CD Players

4.12/5 (26 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

No more digging through your collection of CDs to find the one you want to listen to. With this 300 disc changer, all of your CDs are waiting to be played at a moment's notice. And this model features CD-R/RW Playback, so you can mix in your homemade discs as well as your commercial CDs. With all your favorite music already loaded in your CD changer, you can listen to your favorite songs from your favorite artists without even having to get out of your favorite chair to find a CD or load one in your player. 300 disc mega changer, signal-to- noise ratio of 107dB, optical digital output, delete bank, 32 track "hit list", CD text but no custom track naming, title search, PS/2 keyboard input, twin jog dials, and MegaStorage contol.

Submitted by James Allen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
I just bought my third one of these today. This one skips to start with. The others lasted years before they started skipping. Love these units when they work, but they all seem to fail.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Harmon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2006

Bottom Line:
I don't understand all the negative reviews on this product. Everything I've read so far seems like people should've recognized that they got a damaged product and should've taken them back instead of trying to make them work. It happens. I've had my player for over 5 years now, and it works flawlessly. I purchased an entire Sony Home Theater set up to go with this, and it's been heaven. I worship my Sony entertainment system. This CD Changer is also awesome! It's absolutely not too big. It's a large piece, but it's a small as you could possibly make one and hold 300 CD's. It's a very lightweight product for it's size. I had a nice size CD collection and got tired of seeing scratches pop up on my discs when I played them, no matter how much I babied them, but this allows to keep them enclosed from dust & scratches and plays easily. The wait between discs is not that bad. You have to consider that this thing is delicately putting your discs away and rotating to the next. It takes a little while to spin to the next disc. I've never had one ounce of trouble with my player at all. I'll be depressed the day I need to get a new changer, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a while. Buy one and enoy!

Purchased At:   Sears

Submitted by Paul a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
This machine does a lot of things well, but it also has a few really bad habits. My unit, at least two or three times a month, refuses to load the selected disk. It will do so only after I unplug the unit and then plug it back in again. (I suspect this is a static electricity problem.) Worse, my unit has fumbled the disks inside the unit, resulting in terrible grinding noises, damage to disks, and the need to disassemble the unit to put things back in order. This has happened twice now. I am thinking of going back to a single CD player.

Submitted by maninmo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
My cd collection has close to 500 cd's. I hardly ever listened to them because I had to place my cd racks away from my stereo, this made it a PIA to play a cd. Buying 2 of these changers allowed me to keep my cd's conveniently located thereby increasing their usage.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by DHK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2002

Bottom Line:
I enjoyed the many features of my Technics mega-changer except that it would sometimes mis-track and skip on playback. This was real PIA when recording from it. I read many reviews on the Sony CX335 and have been overall very pleased with it. It has not skipped or misread any of my CD's, including those that I have made. I like the ease of inputting text via the PS-2 keyboard and the memo-search feature. I was surprised to find that there is no way to access the reamining time per track or disk - a feature available on even the cheapest players these days! Also, you can't Fast search Forward or Reverse, or Skip tracks from the deck, only by the remote (hope it never breaks)!`

Purchased At:   eBay (new)

MS 1400W: