Sony CDP-CX333 Multiple CD Players

3.33/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $430.00

The CDP-CX333ES lets you hook up a (PS/2-compatible) PC keyboard for even quicker disc title entry. You also get MegaStorage control over a compatible Sony 300-, 200- or 50-disc changer; connect another 300-disc model for 600-disc storage and crossfade-play capability! Other playback features include 8 Group Files for classifying your CDs and a 32-track "Hit List" for immediate access your favorite songs.

Submitted by westcott a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
The price I paid reflects the addition 4 year warranty from Best Buy. I have no qualms about using a digital trasport via a digital connection to my Denon 3805 reciever. I bought the CDP CX355 that holds 300 CDs. I really wanted something convenient to store and play all of my CDs and this fits the bill perfectly. No more running around, getting up and down to load my music, broken CD cases strewn across the rooms, less handling and fewer chances to scratch the CDs, and just a very convenient solution. I have to admit, I am not a big fan of Sony products except for some of their Trinitron CRT TV's of old so I bought the extended warranty just in case. I have not entered any data yet until I get a battery back up for this unit but the keyboard entry should make it fairly easy to enter all the information I need. I look forward to the 8 categories music can be stored under for even more flexibility of random play or programmed play.

I have heard of some failures that concern me so I will update this later to give my long term experiences with this player.

My unit scrolls the entire song or title in storage and held all the key strokes I entered during testing.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by moviedog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have been wanting one of these for awhile(mine is the 355)
You can only input 12 characters per disc on mine, but this is a silly reason to take it back, imho, because otherwise its a great CD player
Megachangers have fallen out of favor of late, and its easy to see why, My Creative Nomad can hold my entire music collection and have room to spare, even at a high sampling rate, and I can go jogging with it as its as big as a pack of smokes! This changer is the size of a toaster oven. A LARGE toaster oven.
But there are those of us who still prefer lossless sound when listening at home, leaving the MP3S TO THE JOGGING TRAIL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Sorry but mp3s are NOT "cd quality)
At any rate this player has a lot of ways to organize and play CDS, But mostly I just use the shuffle play
Which is my one gripe with this player, shuffle play takes too long between songs
Sound is great, however. Sony continues to turn out players with DACS that embarass gear costing a lot more.
I have to use analog out on my zone two listening and the dacs on this player are
a delight
All around a great way to store and listen to CDS
and cheap too!!

Purchased At:   CIRCUIT CITY

Submitted by mandres a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2004

Bottom Line:
This product is close but just misses the boat for true CD organization. The product allows you to load CDs and will attempt to read Artist and Title information and store that. That works great! The information is listed on two lines, one for the Artist and another for the Title. However if your CD does not have the Artist or Title encoded (75% of mine don't) you can enter a limited amount of information to reflect that. The issue is you can only enter 16 text characters to describe the CD on a single line, even though the player has two lines to contain that information! Therefore making it very difficult to organize, store or sort your CDs by the two most fundamental pieces of information. I was very disappointed with this and returned it to the store.

Purchased At:   Sound Track