Sony CDP-CE375 5-Disc Multiple CD Players

3.25/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $139.99

Your music has never sounded this good. Play your tunes on Sony's CDP-CE375 Compact Disc Player for a superb sound experience. This 5-Disc changer features CD-R/RW playback capability so you can enjoy your homemade music mixes as well as the latest industry releases. Additional features include a Headphone Jack and volume control, 20-Track Music Calendar, and 32-Step programming. Use Jog Dial control with Direct Access track selection to control your listening experience and get ready to rock. Play 1/Exchange 4 Capability, Jog Dial Direct Track Access, Optical Digital Output, Remote Control.

Submitted by loretta jessop a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased a 5 CD player- played it for 2 years and moved to a new house. We just got it hooked up after 3 years in cabinet. I took it in and the eye is bad an according to the repair fellow is it not a reliable part. Out of warrenty in 2 years. It now has been in the repair shop for nearly 3 months and Hk as not sent the part. Not only it is a defective part. Out of warrenty, but the customer service is louzy. We had hk fro over 30 years with no problem and that is why we replaced and added a Cd player. I am now thinking this was a very poor choice. Loretta jessop

Purchased At:   united consumer club

Submitted by Franklin Albanese a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
When my NAD cd 520 cd player (list price $299 paid $250) refused to play my CD-Rs I decided to look for an inexpensive player that would. I first purchased a Harmon Kardon carousel w/HDCD capability. After a one night home test I discovered my new purchase did not play some of my CD-Rs. I rememberd hearing a great sounding CDP-CE375 as I walked past the less expensive equipment and stopped to inquire about this great sounding redicoulously cheep player. After I returned the Harmon Kardon I decided to purchase the CDP-CE375. When I got it home and played some of my favorite CDs & CD-Rs I was blown away. This player (list $129 purchased $119) blew the doors off my NAD for musicality, high frequency detail without sounding edgy,and base response that was deep and respectable without being boomy. I could not help feeling I needed to upgrade my speakers. I purchased a pair of Sound Dynamics RTS-3s from an audiophile mail order company that were seling them on clearence (since Sound Dynamics was solt to Athena Technologies)for the redicolous low price of $150 for the pair. In short I now have a system that has put on the back burner the purchase of a Passive preamp to complement a vintage Fisher 300B tube amp that I recently re-tubed. What am I using for an amp currently? I'm playing my new CDP-CE375 through an AR integeated amplifier (solid state, 60 wpc.) CIR. 1973. I don't know what thwe wizards at Sony are running in this extreemly modestly priced CD player but all I can say is thank you for saving me a lot of money. P.S. I'm using 24 guage magnetic wire for inter connecects and a double run of 18 guage solid core hook-up wire for my speakers.

Submitted by Brian Palmis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
A nice cd player for only $120 Just to see I compared it to another base Sony cd player from 1990, a single-disc CDP-39. 10 years sure makes a difference! The specs are proof. The new one sounds noticably better. I also compared it to my 1991 Sony CDP-X555ES single-disc. The CDP-CE375 is good, but doesn't compare, not even close, but that is why the ES had a list price of $1000 The build quality of the 5 changer is just okay, all the parts fit togther well but it just isn't real solid when viewed against the ES. The tray makes a whole lot of noise opening and closing. The sound is also a little too bright, something that all cd players suffer from. But it isn't real bad and has very good detail, well recorded strings and female vocals sound very good. I don't see the advantage of the dial to advance tracks instead of butttons, but it doesn't hurt. Layout is convenient, and it looks good to boot. Overall very pleased.

Submitted by Brian Palmis a Audio Enthusiast