Onkyo DXC390B Multiple CD Players

• Analog Output (Fixed)
  • RI Remote Control

Submitted by Dr Dave a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased the product in March 2009. We rarely use the cd player. It worked fine for a couple of months then I noticed that you had to push the buttons repeatedly to get the unit to respond. Then one day it just became unresponsive. The power light was on but none of the buttons did anything. The manual says to unplug the unit, wait, and plug it back in. Did that...still nothing. ONKYO USA instructed me to reset the unit by holding two buttons down. That worked a few times then the unit failed to respond even to that procedure. On my dime I sent it to the authorized repair shop for warranty repair...it came back working...for a month...then the same thing again. There's a problem with the computer that runs this cd player. When it plays it's great but then it stops working and there's no support offered by the manufacturer. I would not recommend this defective product to anyone. Save yourself the hassle by buying another brand.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by sisterorbit a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2008

Bottom Line:
Plugged it in right out of the box and product had a "Fatal Error" according to Onkyo tech support. Save your time and energy. I never even got to play a CD! I even spent hours researching this CD player and now have to pay to ship it back.

Submitted by Mark111867 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 25, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am a fan of Onkyo gear in general, but this cd player didn't do it for me. The operation is quiet and smooth. Great looks. The treble sounded very nice. The bass sounded unrefined to me. The mid range was a tad on the harsh side. Compared to my Denon DCM-270 cd player (which I was trying to replace) the sound of the Onkyo was not as smooth or refined. I have no doubt about Onkyo's quality. I just didn't like the way the unit sounded.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by BJG718 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
My particular CD player worked for roughly a month before saying "NO DISC" every time I tried to use it. I can't quite remember how it sounded, but I remember that I liked it when I first had it. Onkyo's service dept. and 6th Ave's service dept. are incompetent. It took so long to get the player fixed that I can't remember how it sounded when I first got it. Now that I have gotten it fixed, it is a very obnoxious CD player because I can always hear the CDs changing or the CDs while they are playing. Maybe it was how it was fixed, but this CD player is not cutting it for me. The CD player should be the last thing to break in a system. It took over 9 months to get this CD player fixed. I am very dissapointed with the company for thelength of time that it took to fix it, but also the quality of the CD player. I will give this CD player 1 star because I remember liking it when I first had it. Otherwise, stay away from Onkyo and 6th Ave, both for quality and service. I paid 170 for the CD changer and then 30 for the extended warranty. I normally don't buy those extended warranties but I am glad I did for this CD player because 6th Ave has to keep me supplied with a CD player for the next 3 years now.

Purchased At:   6th Avenue Electroni

Submitted by obournjd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 18, 2005

Bottom Line:
Excellent sounding machine for a great price. A little slow to change discs or perform random selections but otherwise excellent.

MS 1400W: