Marantz CC4300 Multiple CD Players

4.27/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $310.00

Never Ending Music… The Marantz CC4300 is a high performance 5-disc CD changer that combines the convenience of continuous multi-disc playback with superlative sound quality. Compatible with CD, CD-R, and CD-RW discs, the CC4300 is the perfect choice for the audiophile on a budget.

Submitted by automaticmojo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is a great changer for the money, especially for the refurbed price. It is slightly noisy, but I can't say this it isn't fast enough between disc changes, in my experience it is faster than most.
As for the sound, good bass, clear midrange and warm but detailed highs. I can't say that it is all brittle in the high frequency range. I use a H/K PA2400, Citation 21 and Klipsch KG 5.5's. The Klipsch are notoroius for finding weaknesses in componets, and I can't find any with this changer.
I also have a Marantz CD5001, which uses the Cyrus Logic DAC's (like the CC4001) and different OP Amps. It is a bit more detailed , much better sound staging, and better balanced perhaps, but they have very similiar sonic foot prints.
Perhaps these negative veiws are more likely equipment mismatch, than fault of the component itself. Something to really think about when choosing a componet to go into a existing system.
Since they aren't made anymore, I would advise to take a chance, if yo don't like it-Ebay it.

Product model year:   2007

Purchased At:   Accesories4less

Submitted by braincell38 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2008

Bottom Line:
Great CD player for the money. I modded mine with sound damping on the cover and bottom, extra bypass caps on both OP AMPS, and changed the low pass stage to an Burr Brown OPA2107 (similar to OPA627). I also tried an AD8620, but it sounded more metallic and not as smooth. Using it with an SR5300 receiver and Ed Frias speakers. Sounds great! Sounds even better with my older 2-channel Marantz amp.

Submitted by Mark111867 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 12, 2007

Bottom Line:
Well, this cd changer was a great idea, if it worked properly. I had three in a row from hifi.com that were defective. The cd tray just kept spinning on the first and third units that I received. The second unit had a loud pop every time a cd changed. Since my return policy was up with hifi.com., I called Marantz. They sent me a cd5001 single player, which has worked nicely. I was worried about going from a changer to a single player, but no big deal. I'm glad that I did. Again, I don't mean to bash this product. I know some folks think highly of it. I just must have had a string of bad luck. Marantz was very good to work with as far as returning the 4300. If I had received a unit that was working properly, I'd probably rate this unit as a 4 across the board.

Purchased At:   hifi.com

Submitted by strictlyamateur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2006

Bottom Line:
The previous reviewer is right - a nice unit for the money, but the NJM/JRC2114D op amp is very brittle sounding. Upgrade it for a $50 OPA627 op amp module from PartsConnexion.com and you'll be very happy. It won't be easy to remove the stock op amp - you'll have to disassemble the unit to get to the bottom of the circuit board to de-solder it - but it's worth the effort. Happy listening.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by mazdamanic a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased it from accessories4less as a refurb unit. The first one was DOA, got the next one from Marantz factory as a replacement and it had a problem of recognizing a cd when it was loaded with another one playing. Two lemons in a row! Anyway, I had a chance to do some critical listening after a 72 hour burn-in and I did not find it to be all that amazing. Was mediocre at best. True, the sound is on the warm side but the highs are quite brittle which is very evident if listening to classical strings. It did not sound as good as an older higher end denon unit I have. I thought it would be fairer to compare it to another unit in it's price range so I did an A/B comparison with the Pioneer 563 universal player which I only use for high rez formats. While the pioneer was a little congested in the mids I found it to be smoother than the Marantz! This is probably due to the cheap op-amp that marantz uses NJ2114. Still not bad for the money I suppose, you could do better with a good used Sony ES changer for the same price I would imagine. I returned the unit as the changer seems quite unreliable.

Purchased At:   www.ac4l.com