Marantz CC4003 5-Disc Multiple CD Players

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Enjoy all your favorite CD audio with richness and clarity thanks to the CC4003s high-performance Cirrus Logic digital-to-analog converter. Load five CDs at a time into this five-disc CD player/changer and swap out up to three discs at a time, even while a disc is playing. Support for CD, CD-R, CD-RW, MP3, and WMA audio makes this a versatile addition to your home A/V system, while RS-232c, D-Bus RC-5, and IR flasher connections allow for integration into a whole-home audio control system.

Submitted by Laminarman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have had a variety of CD players and changers over the years. This model is a "stop gap" measure until I can get a "great" unit. Let me tell you that this unit is very good for the money. I have read reviews that it's noisly while changing discs, but it isn't a problem for me. Sure I can hear it, but not bad. It has a nice warm sound, and I find it to me attractive with it's rounded front. More attractive than in the photos I believe. This is my first Marantz product and my local dealer felt they were overall cleaner sounding than comparable Denon units, with less listening fatigue. I have had one or two Denon units and they were OK, nothing special to me. This is not endearing, just a solid player with a good value for the dollar. I have it paired to Tannoy speakers, a Cinema Grand amp, and a Rotel RSP 1570 preamp and it has a great, warm, open sound. I use Cardas cables. My only gripe is that the remote could be illuminated!

Product model year:   2009