Escient FireBall E2-300
Description: The new Escient FireBall E2-300 provides users with significantly larger capacity (300GB), integrated web interface, enhanced digital audio performance, as well as accessibility over a home network via PC and other control devices. In addition to the introduction of the E2-300, Escient also announced that it will offer a software upgrade for all of its existing FireBall E-40, E-120, and DVDM-100 products that will deliver increased functionality and easier PC interaction while enhancing the user experience. The software upgrade will be made available to all owners of FireBall E-40, E-120 and DVDM-100 products free of charge in late fall 2004. Escient also announced the EWP-1000 Wireless Web Tablet, an accessory to the FireBall lineup that provides wireless control of FireBalls from anywhere in the home.

Submitted by music junkee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is the second Escient product I've owned. The first was the first version of the Fireball. It had a 40 gig hard drive. This one is the second generation and has a 300 gig hard drive. The reason I purcahsed the E2 version is because of the obvious larger hard drive, but most important, the E2 works hand in hand with a PC. I can download music and drag and drop it into the E2-300. I can download cover art and drag and drop that into the E2. I can now use my PC to title, operate, print the music library, edit music and more. I now use the PC vs. the keyboard that comes with the unit.
Before with the old Fireball, I had to make sure the title of whatever cd I ripped was correct in order for the right cover art to appear. Now it doesn't matter what the title is. My friends would hassle me because I spent so much money on a server vs. using the computer for my music source. I won 1500+ cd's. Having them in the E2-300 is much better than having them on the computer. The Fireball is in my stereo rack right were I want it vs. having a computer that I move when I have company. Did I mention the wow factor? I just bought a 17" LCD that I hooked up to it for video and I also have my Crestron TCP-10 remote progammed to operate it. Can you do that with a computer? I love the Escient E2-300. I can now listen to my entire cd collection without always choosing and pulling 6 cd's to put in a 5 disc changer. The Escient Fireball line is worth looking into if you want a qualitty music server for your home.

Purchased At:   Cinemation