Denon DCM280 Multiple CD Players

2.67/5 (6 Reviews)

DENON 5 DISK CD-CHANGER MP3 DEC SYNCHRO REC 32 TRACK PRG RMT => Model DCM-280

Submitted by koda321 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
I've had this player for six years,used at least 3-4 times a week,other than the noise from the carusel no problems at all.

Submitted by Ah! 'de o' fool a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have used the DCM280 foa almost 1 year now.I have had not 1 instance of trouble/problem as yet.I thought it sounded quite good on my set-up..However,being a recent returnee to the hobby,I have constantly been reading reviews of other products,wondering what i may be missing. Well I finally succumbed to the urge to 'upgrade',and purchased a new Rotel RCD1072. Hoping for a noticable improvement in sound I began auditioning my collection of cd s on the new machine.Try as I might,and hopeful as I was,it took no time at all to realize that in fact,the new device had no better 'imaging,spatial aura,sweetness,soundstage,depth,forwardness,or lack thereof,brightness,warmth,width,texture,emotion,or any other of the myriad,(ad nauseum) of qualities pronounced by such adjectives,as I have read in page after page of reviews. Frankly,I feel such a fool.However I believe that I have learned a relatively inexpensive lesson.The Rotel sounds very good,however the point is that the 500 dollar cheaper Denon sounds not only as good,but might I say identical to the Rotel.I am sure some will think I am surely 'hard' of hearing,however I have great hearing capacity,and know my music collection on my system very well. Well,I raise a glass to experience!Cheers,all!

Purchased At:   sound advice orlando

Submitted by ddawk a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2004

Bottom Line:
I'm on my second player, first one sent in 3 times due to the fact it wouldn't play any type of CD. Now the new one only plays certain CDs and definitely not MP3 cds which is the main reason I tried it. I will never buy Denon products ever again.

Purchased At:   Ovation

Submitted by subzerosound a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
Started getting read errors that result in not being able to play many CDs. This is apparently a common problem with DENON CD and DVD players. So much for their reputation for high quality. I took the unit in for warranty service, and they said it could take 3-6 weeks to fix it, IF they can fix it.

Submitted by Rommel Upshur a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
Thus far, this has been a great CD player producing good sound through the Denon receiver that it is matched to. Clear crisp sound. A pleasure to listen to. A little noisy when changing disks but not enough to take away from the overall enjoyment. Paid 49.99 at Mac Mallfor refurbished model.Maybe they already put in the 2 pieces that other guy wa talking about. If not, back to the shop under the warranty. I consider myself lucky so far.

Purchased At:   Mac Mall