Monarchy Audio M24 DAC DACs

The Monarchy Audio Model 24 (M24) Digital Audio Converter is a 24/96 DAC with a tube analog output stage, as well as a tube line stage which can function as a line amp for other components. It employs premium components to play all convential CD's and 24/96 CD's.

Submitted by aaudioman a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 1, 2008

Bottom Line:
The dac -24 is superb even against dacs in the $5-10k range , just read the reviews for starters. The newer unit has vacuum tube as well as solid state,
and to have a line stage pre that is as good as a $3k unit is a huge bonus but as a dac myself being an Audiophile foor some 30 years and owning some expensive gear,I know a thing or two about sonics , one thing I just incorporated was the Monarchy DIP- upsampler whichs makes this dac and others even better, even without it it still will not be outclassed by any unit shy of $10k+ using great vintage vacuum tubes x2- 6922 really does help also.
the heart of the system uses the legendary hand laser trimmed Burr Brown pcm63PK dacs which are one of the best ever made and now discontinued because of cost, 10 seperaate power supply and the great 1704 units,
dual torroidal transformers for the digital ,and analog sections. This unit weighs in at 15 lbs using all good quality Audiophile grade parts including the high grade German Wima capacitors, comment: Use a good grade power conditioner such as one from Furman and a good quality aftermarket powercord you will be highly rewarded !
This applys to all good quality audio.

Product model year:   2007

Purchased At:   Monarchy audio

Submitted by Perry G. Noblett II a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2007

Bottom Line:
This was my first separate DAC. I had purchased an OPPO 87, and while pleased with the sound knew it should sound better. After much reading and surfing I decided that the Monarchy product would be a good first shot. Since I already own a pair of SM70 pro amps from Monarchy I was comfortable with the quality of their products. The next day I found the NM24 posted on Audiogon by Monarchy at the sale price of 1080.00. The regular price is in the area of 1400, so I dove in. Initially I could not hear much difference. After about 30 minutes of warm up though things began to open up. I have since learned to turn the DAC on at least 30 minutes before listening. At first I was running the DAC directly into my C-37 Mac Pre. after a week or so of listening that way I rerouted the signal through the Line Stage in the Monarchy and straight to my amps. This is how I use it now and it sounds wonderful. The soundstage is deep and wide. I am still discovering details in Cd's I have been listening to for years. All in all I love this device.

Purchased At:   Monarchy Audio