Philips CDR775 Dual Deck CD Recorders/Players

3.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Making and recording your own CDs couldn't be easier with the Philips' CDR range. With the dual tray you simply put CD in one tray and a CD-R or CD-RW in the other one, choose your favorite sounds and burn your own compilation.

- Dual deck audio CD Recorder/Player.
- Double speed recording (CD to CD).
- ,2-disc simultaneous playback.
- Auto sample rate converter 12 to 56kHz.
- CD Text recording, input and editing.
- Direct line recording from 44.1 kHz.

Submitted by Pat N a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
KICKASS!!!

Submitted by David a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased the Philips CDR 775 last year
in October 2001, as the warranty lapsed I noticed I was having problems while recording CDs. It did not matter which source was being used analog, digital high speed or normal speed, the recorder would lock up while recording any make or brand CD or CDRW, thus leaving me with a 5, 10, 15,upto 50 minute incomplete CD
which to say the least pissed me off.

Purchased At:   J and R Music World

Submitted by rob r a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
"I just bought the Philips CDR880, used, as a private purchase from someone who was selling it for somebody else---always a chancy thing ! Anyways, it has thus far performed great; the finished CDs that I have created sound as good as the sources, to my ear.. The only thing I have not gotten it to do properly (yet) is, to burn a source CD in the "CDsync" mode---you know, such that the CDR disc lays the material down nonstop w/ all the tracks numbered accordingly.. What has happened instead is that the CDR disc lays all the master tracks down under ONE track heading (you get a bunch of songs that you cannot selectively skip through)! But that could just be due to the fact that the 'master' disc I used was a rewritable which contained tracks that I manually laid down from various original sources; the CDR disc (and/or the deck) may not be able to sync off manually timed discs.. If anyone out there has some input about this, lemme know pleeeaase! In the meantime I will keep experimenting, rather than jump to a conclusion about it.. Anyhow, it has (other than that) worked beautifully :)

Purchased At:   private sale used

Submitted by Bob Ellis a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
This review is for the CDR779 which is relevant as you will shortly see. The CDR775 was reviewed in the UK (www.sospubs.co.uk/sos/dec00/articles/philipscdr.asp)and was criticised for the poor D/A convertors. Philips responded and along came the CDR779 with A/D and D/A convertors from the High End CDR951 so in all other respects it is a CDR775. The result? In my opinion a Superb twin deck CD Recorder. I am using it to master my own compositions and the output from the recorded CD is, to my ears, identical to the source.

Purchased At:   SRTL (www.srtl.co.uk

Submitted by AndreHH a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
I like the double deck facility, and the quality of the recordings are very good. It only sometimes freezes before a recording starts. All I can do then is to switch the unit off, and start over again. Luckily enough it doesn't freeze during a recording, like my Pioneer 555 did a lot.

Purchased At:   Block, Purmerend