Marantz DR-6050 CD Recorders/Players

3.71/5 (14 Reviews) MSRP : $699.00

Dual tray

Submitted by rbsnoddy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've been very happy with this unit. Makes excellent recordings and is relatively simple to operate. Sometimes is 'finicky' with blank audio CDs. Doesn't do well with the 'colored' blank audio CDs. Had good luck with the plain silver colored CDs.

Recommended.

Submitted by herman ey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I owned a full NAD system with a Nad 514 as player. After 5 years i decided to upgrade. Incidently i purchased a Marantz PM94 and a CDA 94. So I decided to buy a Marantz player too.(for I distrusted the CD($ as an old laser system, but I,m not too sure at that).
I choose (after discussions) for the DR6050 double player/recorder.
And I,m pleased too.
Very fine audio-play and superb copiing.
So I was very surprised to learn the HIFI-CHOICE verdict, that says the machine is not very trancient and has no depht.
I play the 6050 through the CDA 94 via a glassfiber cabel to the pm 94.And from there to my B&W CDM9NT's.
I am very pleased with te soundstage and the tranciency, the brightness and the basses (widt the bassknobs of the pm94 at 2 O.clock. (the treble at 12 o,clock).
I think I had a lucky hand in choosing the right machinery.

Purchased At:   dealer

Submitted by herman ey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I choose (after discussions) for the DR6050 double player/recorder.
And I,m pleased too.
Very fine audio-play and superb copiing.
I think I had a lucky hand in choosing the right machinery.

Purchased At:   dealer

Submitted by mike carroll a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
I can only concur with JJ's review. This machine has been NOTHING BUT A HEADACHE. Suddenly, it refuses to initialize blank discs, then it will initialize it, will go through the motions of recording, only to tell you there is nothing on the disc when recording is 'done'. It has been sent to the manufacturer for repairs under warranty. The same problems returned after recording 2 discs. I do not recommend this product to anyone. I am looking for a way to get a full refund. The Marantz website does not have a functional email (suppose they are tired of al the complaints??), so contacting them is not easy. Does anyone have a phone number?i

Purchased At:   Huppin's Hifi, Spoka

Submitted by JJ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
What could have been a great product was ruined for me by ongoing faults resulting in eventual return for refund after 18 months. The recording deck needed a laser realignment and this was followed by the unit refusing to copy individual tracks from various CDs after the first few had burned successfully. The unit was returned for repair only to come back with the same fault.
When it did work (happy days) I found it easy to use although, like another reviewer, felt the factory Db settings were way too high. Had to phone Marantz to find out how to adjust this as it wasn't in the manual.
I'm now looking for an alternative....

BLG CP024: