Yamaha CDC-575 CD Players

4.69/5 (13 Reviews)

5 disc play&exchange carousel

Submitted by chillysalsa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
This review refers to the CDC-585, the direct replacement to the 575 for 2002.

Overall, I'm very happy with this CD player after having it a few days now. The sound is indeed quite "natural" as thier product line is named after. I don't think you could as for anything much more for the price, the build quality seems good, and the operation of the tray seems sturdy and smooth. I connected it to my old Pioneer minisystem just to compare the CD output quality, and could actually notice a very audible improvement over the built-in player of the mini-system - this says a lot considering the poor speakers & amp of the minisystem. With the CDC-585, bass and high-end was much clearer, and the overall sound became much clearer! Soon I will get a Yamaha RX-396 and PSB Image 2B speakers to really let this unit shine!

Submitted by Joe a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got it on sale about a year ago and it's been a joy to use . I've tried friend's Sony CD player (lower end) and when the volume was lowered I began to notice a continuous high pitch hissing noise which is the sound made by the disc spin. How annoying! My Yamaha doesn't do that at all. I only hear the music. He paid little more for his player than my Yamaha. I feel sorry for him. Of course, you will hear the motor when changing the disc or opening the disc tray but you are not playing the music so it doesn't matter. In fact, other models in the store that cost hundreds more were even louder when they change or open. Hard to ask for more from a CD player at this price.

Purchased At:   Tweeters

Submitted by David Macks a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
When my Pioneer P.O.S. DVD player decided to take an extended holiday in the repair shop (it's going on two months now and still getting the run around)I decided to pick up a used CD player so I could get some use out of my main system. I read the reviews here on AudioReview.Com and decided to take a chance on a used CDC-575 player. I've been nothing but impressed with this machine. Other's may have more bells and whistles but this thing is rock solid and delivers a much warmer sound than my DVD player which I feld sounded "bright" and harsh. I'll do a side by side if I ever get the damn thing back. I was going to ship this thing upstairs to the secondary system when I got the DVD back. Now I don't know. It sounds so good I just may keep it where it is and buy another. They're so cheap now.

Great product.

Purchased At:   Used on Ebay

Submitted by Al Green III a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
This product was great for the price, ever since I have gotten into Yamaha I have been more than satisfied. Every thing that I have bought by Yamaha has given me optimal performance. This CD player wasn't any different. The track selection is three times as fast as my last player(Phillips, I know, I should be ashamed of myself). Although most CD's don't have CD text, when they do, it seems to work for me very well. The only thing i don't like about thing I don't like about the text is that it doesn't scroll back to the beiginning of the text. Optical output, they couldn't have done any better.

My components now are(no speakers included):
Yamaha RX-V 496 Dolby Digital DTS
Yamaha KXV-321 Dual Cassette Deck
Yamaha CDC - 575 Five disc changer
Sony DVP-560 DVD player
Sony VCR
Old but classic Dolby system Fisher 4-Head Stereo VCR
(coming soon)32" Sony Trinitron TV.

Speakers are coming in my next review.

Purchased At:   Stereo Discount Center

Submitted by Eric Linder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 10, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great CD Changer for the money, maybe the best CD Changer for the money. Sound is excellent and build quality is flawless. Very happy with remote too.

Purchased At:   Primecost.com