Yamaha CDC-565
Description: 5-Disc Carousel CD Changer

Submitted by none none a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I want to buy one of these cd players. People say there is no power button on the remote. This is because yamaha wants you to buy their kick @$$ receiver. I have that receiver and i like its lots. The receiever remore has everything the cd player remote has but just with the power button!

Purchased At:   ?

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
As far as the above reviews saying the player's laser pickup fails, I have not had such problems. I've had the player for 3 years and it is by far the best sounding player I've ever owned and the price can't be beat. Much better than any of the Sony players I've owned. I've had three Sony CD players die on me because of the laser pickups. The first one was still under warrany so they gave me a new one, which broke three years later. The other one was a portable CD player that died after about 5 years. I've also had a Sony Tape player die on me as well. I wouldn't recommend buying any Sony product other than their receivers or TVs. The sound quality from the Yamaha is far better than I would have expected for a $120 CD player. Bottom line, if you're on a budget and want a quality CD player buy this Yamaha.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by Aaron O'Connell a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have had the same problem as some of these other folks. I enjoyed the Yamaha CDP until just under a year after buying it, when it started skipping like mad. Got it replaced under warrenty (major nightmare) and now, less than a year later, it's down hard again, and not being fixed. The sound was good, but c'mon, what's the use if the damn thing won't work reliably. Yamaha CD players don't last, that's the bottom line. Stay away from them. I kept mine in pristine condition, and it failed on my twice.

Purchased At:   MCX

Submitted by David van Rees a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was a great CD player until about 6 months after I bought it. It started skipping a lot and not recogizing disks. Brought it in they replaced the laser pickup It was fine for another 8 months. Now it's completely dead, the laser pickup failed. It's $120 to fix it. Instead I'm going to the Technics SLMC60, on sale for $150.

Love my Yamaha Reciever, never liked the CD player. The sound was always fine but it felt very poorly put together and seemed light-weight and flimsy. I don't know if mine was a bad example or typical but I'm not going to try third time.

Purchased At:   local hi-fi specialist

Submitted by Damion a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great sounding CD player. Way better than the Sony and Teac. My only real problem with this CD Player is that the tray noise is very loud. Louder than most changers.

Purchased At:   eBay