Wadia Digital 830 CD Players

4.64/5 (22 Reviews) MSRP : $3250.00

Compact Disc Player

Submitted by lpjohnny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 1, 2005

Bottom Line:
Battled with going back to solo vinyl, ZOG talked me into upgrading my Sony es9000 SACD to a "real" red book cd player before diving back into the maddness. The Wadia 830 upon hitting the play button for the first time startled my listening ears! No one piece of gear has ever given me such listening pleasure!
The tonal decay and weight of the music were in a realm that all need to experience. Sense of pace was as lifelike as I have heard from digital. I literally did not have the urge to speed through my favorite test songs, but rather listened to them in full. Why? Because I was hearing aspects that I have never before heard!
I encourage anyone to try this moderately priced unit out.
Zog, has the final word. "Johnny your system has arrived!"
P.S. Definately configure preamp to fully utilize the Wadia internal volume control.

Purchased At:   Audiogon

Submitted by qwz32 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
I recently (3 hours ago) acquired a used 830 CDP from a local Agoner. I was fortunate enough to purchase this unit as I now realize that it is highly sought after, especially in the european community.

In the past, I have used mostly better DVD players for CD playback (i.e. Denon 3910). I have auditioned an Arcam 82 and a Linn Mimik in the past but I was astonished at the smoothness of this player, soundstage is broader. Separation between vocals and instruments is more defined.

Overall, this is a very neutral player that allows you to listen for hours without fatique. Funny how I did not know about the name Wadia prior to 48 hours. It was through research using sites like Ecoustics.com which linked to audioreview that I became aware and convinced how good this player really is.

I found that this player performs best using XLR connections versus RCA. Next purchase will be a good pair of silver IC with XLR ends.

Purchased At:   Audigon

Submitted by Rickard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 27, 2004

Bottom Line:
My amplifer was and is Gryphon Century int. so it´s nothing wrong that and we test the player on my brothers Gryphon Antilleon, we get the same results.
You have to agree that the taste is not the same for all, ok.
Have a nice day.
Rickard

Submitted by corvenius a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
Being an audiophile for many years I´ve owned a great deal of expensive cd-players. The 830 is no doubt the finest cd-player I´ve ever had. It´s makes you feel, that you´re up front stage - close to the musicians. The music is relaxed, detailed, airy and attacks when it should - the best describtion is, that the 830 playes like an expensive turntable - very analogue - which enables you to listen for hours without fatique. You´ve got plenty of tigth bas, smooth and fast mid and fine sweet treble.
Rickard from my scandinavian brotherland - Sweden - must have had a very bad day, when writing his 830 review, or maybe he just needs a good advice on buying a quality power amp.
I´m playing on on a pair of heavy Threshold mono amp.s with the 830 hooked directly to the amp.s.
My good friend and police colleague - Torben - is playing on Gryphon CD and Gamut amp.s, and we both - honestly - enjoy listening to each others set-up - So Rickard - get rid of that old Technichs stuff and get yourself a serious amp - enabling you to smile again.

Purchased At:   second hand private

Submitted by Tariq soomro a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent source with Audioresearch amp and Sonusfaber GP speakers.A huge advance from the ordinary.

Purchased At:   Hi &Audio,Riyadh,KSA

Somebody have info on Aurex Excalibur speaker CS-830 thanks !!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9380[/ATTACH] Hi everybody any info welcome :)Read More »

Canton Vento 830.2

Got my new Canton 830.2's from dealer today. I have them on the stands and just listened to Diana Krall. Right out of box they have much more bass detail and also carries more weight than my previous Canton's. The 830.2's have let me see what my system really can do. I would say about 2 hours on th ... Read More »

Recommended pre-amp & power amp to go with Boston Acoustics T-830?

I am a college student, soon to be using Boston Acoustics T-830 speakers. I'm a newbie to the audiophile world. I'm into jazz/downtempo/lounge music. Can you guys recommend me a pre-amp and power amp to go with my T830s? What am I looking for exactly, in a pre-amp and power amp? What other thin ... Read More »

Picked up MB Quart QLS-830 at impulse

Just wanted to update and share to everyone that help me out in the previous thread for the best music speaker under $500.00 I went down to an authorized dealer of NHT, PSB & MB Quart with the intention of getting a set of PSB imagine bookshelf but after I compare/listen to all of the speakers in ... Read More »

Rotel RSP-976 vs. Adcom GTP-830

After several years of musical delight with my old Adcom pre/pro (the Dolby Pro Logic GTP-550), I decided it was time to upgrade for a Dolby Digital & DTS model, and ended up getting a used ROTEL RSP-976 unit just some few weeks ago. This Rotel unit is awesome for Dolby Digital & DTS encoded disc ... Read More »

Premier Mounts: