Technics SL-MC6 (110+1 Changer) CD Players

4.83/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

110+1 CD Changer that allows you to play 1 disc and change 110. CD text and all other normal features of CD changers.

Submitted by B Barker a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2012

Bottom Line:
In all my use of the item it has never let me down It compats with its Trio Ka 1500 (circa 1976) no switching noise The moving of the playing unit to the cd not moving the cd to the playing means less wear & tear on the sometimes frigile cds good design

Submitted by David a

Date Reviewed: August 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Absolutely wonderful, did allot of research before buying and discovered that the Technics was the most reliable because it doesn't use a carousel. Sounds just as good as it’s similarly priced competitors. Customer service from Technics was surprisingly good. Last week my dog destroyed the remote and Technics had a new one delivered to me in about 72 hours. They only charged me $8.00 for the remote and $3.00 for shipping (that’s almost cheaper than a good dog bone!). I highly recommend this product, what a steal for this price (around $170.00 these days). Used to think Technics was a crap brand before but have found new respect for their products after my experience with the 110+1.

Submitted by Kirk Hilles a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is a great 100+ CD changer. To me, the primary thing you should be looking for in a major changer is changing speed. Although I only have about 60 CDs in it, change speed was about an average 10 seconds on complete random to go from one track on one CD to another track on another CD.

The CD player sounds great and although I haven't used the disc naming feature, it seems to be an okay setup.

The remote has a little shaky layout (I think the next track buttons should be relocated), but my Sony remote DOES support the signal, so you can use another remote (although I couldn't figure out how to change CDs on it).

Great changer, cost me about $170 at Best Buy

Submitted by Linc Spangler a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
No problems for over 1 year now, I wish the CD player would memorize the CD instead of the slot so that when I pulled a CD out to use in the car etc., I wouldn't have to search for the slot it is supposed to go back into. Sound quality is OK for a bargain CD player. The Kenwood and Sony changers were both noisey, slow and slightly harder to use. I actually bought the technics, returned it, bought the Kenwood and returned it, bought the Sony and returned it and bought a technics again.

Submitted by William a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
After using a 100 disc + jukebox for only a few minutes, I wonder why anyone would ever buy a single-disc player, or even a five-disk player. The convenient access provided by a fast jukebox makes Marshall McLuhans goal of 'plenary retrieval' a reality. I found myself listening to CDs I hadn't heard in years simply because it was so easy to find and play them using alphabetical search on the SL-MC6. But for a real revelation, there's nothing like setting random across the entire library of genres for an eclectic mix of classical, pops, rock and folk. This is truly a breakthrough product. The juxtaposition of different styles and even different artists reveals the hidden riches of each.

FGH 26: