TEAC PD-D2700 CD Players

4.43/5 (14 Reviews)

Submitted by mhaw2001 a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review is for the 2700 and the 2750

I was a Future Shop and saw these beauties for 99.99 refurbished for the 2700 model. I was going to use one for the den and my home theatre. I opened up the first box and noticed it was indeed the 2700 but to my amazement the second box (which is the exact same as the 2700 with the 2700 model number on the side) contained the much higher level 2750 model which is brand-new! It does not have the "refurbished" sticker on the back! Both boxes had manuals for the 2700. I was amazed! How could TEAC make a mistake like that. I put both on top of each other to compare. The 2700 has gold round disc buttons while the 2750 has black. The track access buttons below the drawer has a slight curve to the 2700 while the 2750 is straight. The remotes also differ slightly. I was baffled because I couldn't find a difference until I compared the SPECS.

Frequency Response: 20Hz to 18kHz +/- 1dB

Signal to Noise Ratio: 100dB
Dynamic Range: 92dB
Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.03% @ 1kHz
Channel Separation: 85dB

The 2750 does sound quite better than the 2700 which is a good player besides the baffling 18kHz cutoff. Some friends of mine have audiophile level equipment like Marantz, NAD, Proceed, Denon etc. have all agreed that the 2750 is a wonderful machine. Not bad for 100 bucks Canadian each.

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by regfootball a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
wanted as a cheap player for the office. Solid player with many features and dig. outputs! WOW!

Nice looking, actually, too.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Sebastian Ramos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit about 3 months ago because my dvd player couldn't play cd-rs and i wanted to be able to record mixes and change more than one disc at parties. I wasn't too concerned with sound quality as the HT system in my dorm common room isn't my main audio system. I saw the unit on Ubid for 29 dollars and made the purchase immediately. I have used it since and was fairly impressed with the sound quality.

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded from the typical crappy radio shack interconnects to a pair of decent geneva coaxials. Immediately the sound opened up and i couldn't believe what i was hearing from such an inexpensive unit. Instrument location was easily dicernable, and what more, the depth of the sound stage opened up probably to twice what it was before. I can emphasize enough the difference decent cable will make in a system, particularly with this cd palyer.

Overall i would rate this player very highly for the price paid, there are others out there that cost way more and do sound better, but for the sound i got i would be willing to pay 3-4 times as much for this unit and still be satisfied.

My system:

HK AVR100 digital receiver
Panasonic DVD A-115
Teac PDD 2700
Technics SB-F30s as mains (cir. 1983)
Audio Source SW300 subwoofer

Kef Q15.2 mini monitors

Purchased At:   ubid.com

Submitted by Jeremy Larson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
Holy Cow!,,got this player brand new(not refurbished) at ubid.com for $39+$20.34 s/h =$59.34!!!! I have all my Marantz and B&W's in my living room, purchased this for my basement/rec-room. I'd be hard pressed to find a better bargain than this little machine for a second or third player. I have had Teac tape players in the past(reel to reel,cassete)and the quality shows in their cd player also. Not the best out there,but for the price its gets a 5. definately would recomend this machine to anyone looking for a cheap player. oh yeah its sounds pretty damn good too,,lol

Purchased At:   ubid.com

Submitted by Kate a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
I got this player (as well as speakers and a receiver) as a replacement for what is probably the worst minisystem in the world, and I am very impressed by it. About the only thing I don't like is the fact that I could have paid $20 less for it! But even at what I paid, I consider it a steal.

I have not been using this CD player long, but have figured out a couple tricks to make shuffle mode a bit more convenient. If you want to skip to another track, instead of hitting >>, which will go to the next track on the active disc, hit shuffle twice (off, on). This may replay something you heard before though. To listen to only one disc's tracks on shuffle (or any other selection of tracks), just program them, which is a very intuative process, and hit shuffle, then play.

As for the lack of power on remote, I just turn it off through my receiver.

Purchased At:   uBid.com