Stax CDP Quattro CD Players

Submitted by Phil Berling a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this stax player 2 years ago after reading other reviewers comments, and have never looked back, this player was made in 1989 and in my opinion sounds as good as any hi end player produced to date ,believe me, its so smooth,detailed & dynamic. I use an accuphase e202 amplifier and musical fidelity xcan2 with sennheiser hd 500 headphones,one thing i should mention is the lack of digital outputs but can be modified if needed ,personally i would not bother as it sounds beautiful as is, top marks to stax , one day they may produce another model ,we can only pray.

Purchased At:   SIMPLY HIFI

Submitted by PGSoft_Fr a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2002

Bottom Line:
Acheté à un prix modique sur eBay, mais avec une grosse révision à faire. Excellent produit, finesse exceptionnelle dans les aigus, basses présentes et profondes, sans doute le meilleur lecteur CD que j'ai écouté jusqu'à aujourd'hui, aussi bon que les lecteurs à 3000 € (euros) que j'ai pu écouter (il était vendu 4500$ environ). Si vous en trouvez un en occasion à un prix raisonnable, n'hésitez pas !
Mon système :
CD Sphinx Myth 9, Préampli Audio Research LS8-MKII, ampli Mark Levinson ML9, Magnepan MG-IIIA, câbles Transparent Audio MusicLink Super et Super XL (HP, Alimentation et modulation).

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Arie de Vries a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
A very good CD player. Is'nt made any more, but if you can buy a second hand, do not argue. Model year 1990

Submitted by Paal Sveum a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: March 26, 1998

Bottom Line:
I bought my STAX CDP Quattro two years ago, after having owned three other CD players, and tested even more. When I got the STAX in my system I finally found peace and just loved the music. One of the very few CD players that are able to play music. I have tested it up against the Wadia's and Accuphase and in my opinion there is no difference. The STAX is detailed, clear and have perspective and a good bass.Anyone else having this remarkable player, please kontact me.
Top of the line, must have at least 5 stars.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile