Sony CDP-CX235 CD Players

2.73/5 (33 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

200 disc mega changer, signal-to- noise ratio of 105dB, optical digital output, delete bank, CD Text but no custom track naming, no keyboard input, and MegaStorage controlable.

Submitted by todd198126 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit for about £40 including delivery second hand from Ebay which is about $83 US. Before this unit I owned a 111 disk Technics unit. I must say this unit is MUCH better. OK first off it was mentioned in the Ebay listing that the door did not open proper. So I opened it up and it was just a case of a band coming off the motor. Replaced the band and now it woks great! Have owned it for more than a year and it that time have had NO problems! I have it full of about 100 disks and none have ever fell out, jammed skipped or anything like that. Sound quality is superb, I have this linked up to my Technics seperates amp. CD text works perfect even when CD is playing, it plays CD-R's well and if you add the text to your CD-R it shows up. It has many features for programming etc. Can't knock it at all. very, very pleased with it. Infact I joined this website just to rate this because I saw all the negative comments and wanted to tell you how good this unit is! Read pro's & cons below-

Strengths: Holds 300 disks, plays CD-R's, CD text, Programming features and lovely sound.

Weaknesses: Time taken when changing disks is a little much, but bearing in mind the amount of disks in it it's fine. Just me being impatient, but the worse thing is probably the noise when changing disks.

Submitted by Aldo Reyes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2011

Bottom Line:
i bought this cd player around 2 years ago, and i liked very much, is very fast to change discs, sound quality is awesome with digital or analog output, Big Display to easy reading of text, you can entry groups by categories, i like very much i don´t like to sell

Submitted by burgmaster21 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 18, 2004

Bottom Line:
Got this mega changer to replace my personal cd player for my home audio system. When I saw that you program in to "skip/delete" a track you don't I thought it was the way to go. I don't have a problem of it loading cd's, but it dose not like playing them very well. Would bother me but my cheap sony boom box can play the cd's just fine along with my alpine cd player in the car. When it dose play the cd's I do not feel the sound quality is there when my cheap kmart hi-fi vhs player makes better sound on my home audio system.

If it would play cd's and being it has custom track memeroy I would have gave it a 4

Submitted by diamondmo2000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This was an open box item which had the remote control and owner's manual. Purchased 6/14/01, in the shop by 6/20/01
rpair slip states one or more mechanical alignments made. Running scared I never put more than 5 cd's in my 200 cd changer. Summer 2003 back in the shop, will not play an entire cd. Diagnosis cracked laser. Price tag to fix cd player $200.00!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this a Chrismas present to myself and have nothing but other than good things to say. In less than six months the selection arm mis-fed and damage 3 or 4 of my cds. I buffed them out and thought it was a fluke. I went through the remaining cds and made sure they were in properly. I move to california hook up my stereo and fell asleep listening on the shuffle mode. I woke up to 30 of my favorite cds damaged beyond repain and a good majority of the rest with suface scratches. I sent out the machine to fix with a letter and one of my cds to show the damage. I got the machine back a couple of weeks later with a repair note and that was it. I called up sony "customer service" and got a moron who denied every thing and then made counter acusations. I was on hold for about an hour...before I just left the phone off the hook on their bill. Wouldn't buy it again.

Purchased At:   Okinawa Japan