Pioneer PD-F907 CD Players

3.8/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $310.00

101-disc CD changer

Submitted by Steve Jaynes a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is probably my favorite piece of technology I hold. I immediately threw all of my CD’s that I owned into the machine and threw all of the jewel cases. Now all of my CD’s are protected and very easy to get to!

Purchased At:   Wiz

Submitted by Kyle Butler a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
It is a good cd player. i've had it plugged up to my 3 year old Bose Wave Radio. Sound is fine. I really wish it had the title feature and a way to connect to my computer (I would galdly write a linux port if someone will help me build and interface).

Submitted by rick zefoskyx a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had this baby since '98 and started acting up on me by the middle of '99 (cd's get stuck, etc.). And up until now it just died by itself, ain't that y2k compliant.....Anyhow,this unit has been used & abused and I'll still give it a 4 star for what it's worth and 1 star for giving up on me. Overall 3 stars.

Submitted by Joe C. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2000

Bottom Line:
I can't say it has any real flaws, but for the $179 I paid over a year ago, they could have thrown in a remote. I'm just glad it can play more than one cd. I'm surprised they threw in an optical output for this entry level cd changer.
overall it is still a good value any I have never listened to all my cd's more. It's more like a juke box than a cd player. Great versatality.

Submitted by John a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 6, 1999

Bottom Line:
After dropping my old flagship Pioneer 6-disc changer down some stairs, I began looking for a replacement. After considering changers from Carver and Pioneer Elite, I cheaped out and bought a PD-F907 (which is essentially a PD-F908) from Best Buy, due to the fact that I couldnt hear a difference in the sound. I was impressed with the optical output, the easy setup, and the improved (not much, but better than traditional Pioneer) remote. Most of all, I was greatly impressed with the sound quality. The 1-bit DLC Direct Linear Converstion D/A converter on the PD-F907 sounded far cleaner than the "top of the line" Pulseflow D/A converter on my old changer. The files were easy to set up, and the Best song memory turned out to be a cool feature. I did however regret not getting a model with the CD Title feature, as i commonly forget where some discs are placed in the changer. The only problem with the PD-F is the actual disc handling. The unit could feel more solid, and disc changes are jerky, loud, and always sound like something is broken. Also, the blinking yellow lights that flash during disc changes look kinda tacky. After a year, I still have had no problems and I still have yet to hear any midrange CD changer that sounds as good as the PD-F907

Atlantic Technology :