Pioneer PD-F407 CD Players

Pioneer's PD-F407 25-Disc CD File Compact Disc Player is a non-stop music machine. It features a 25-disc playback capability with Rolling Rack System for fast efficient music selections. You also get all sorts of nifty features other players wish they had. Like previous disc scan to find that song you wanted on the last disc. Or best selection memory to pick and choose the songs you want to hear over and over. Three custom mode functions add versatility. Convenience features include: 3 Custom Mode Groupings; 15 track Best Selection Memory; 15 Disc Previous Disc Scan; 32 Track / Disc Programmed Play; Programmed Hi Lite Scan; Memory Hold; Last Disc Memory; Programmed Total Time Display; Full Random Play; Pioneer SR in / out for system integration.

Submitted by Manuel a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
Worked greart when I bought it and integrated quite nicely with my Pioneer receiver. I was able to use the remote from my Pioneer receiver to control the CD player through the serial remote cable.

Purchased At:   Future Shop

Submitted by Mark a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great Value and rock solid durability. Pioneer is the only manufacture with the 25 CD capacity. Perfect for me. I don't want to store part of my library in the machine. Just enough for a truely random play....

Purchased At:   Etronics

Submitted by Rob Vickner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 2000

Bottom Line:
It sux,can't even give it away to friends..

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by John Doe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
What a waste of money, all $67.97 of it. I have the same problem with the CD lifter getting stuck. I've found that if I Swear at it and bang vigorously on the top of it, it works eventually. This is a piece of crap if you ask me. I would not recomend this CD without a case storage center for anyone unless you want a metallic device to take your anger out on. Sorry but this... thing gets 2 1/2 thumbs down.

Submitted by Mike Beezley a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
I was looking to buy a CD player that would allow me to play mp3s. When I received the PD-F407 I thought it might be a good replacement (especially since I got it for free). I used it for about a week when it strated getting a strange popping noise when it jumped from CD to CD in random mode. I finally got fed up with it when it would go to load a CD into the turntable and the little plastic lever the shoves the disc in would try to retract and it would stop and go into a long loud series of clicking noises. The only way I could get it to stop was to power the unit off. Well I have pulled it off the shelf and my 'reliable' Pioneer single play PD-5700 has come out of retirement and the PD-F407 is on its way to Pioneer warranty repair. I sure am glad I didn't spend my money on this unit. Too bad too, I have had very good luck with Pioneer equipment.

PANAMAX: