Onkyo DX-C530 CD Players

4.58/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $349.00

6 disc changer, dual 1 bit converters

Submitted by Andrew Abrams a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased a proscan 8610 DVD player after my 12 year old Kenwood CD player went on the blink. I bought the Proscan with the high hopes that it would do a great job with audio, and DVD. This was not the case. The DVD was great, but the audio wasn't crisp.
I then purchased the Onkyo. This product has crisp highs and clean bass. It seems to be well constructed.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by David Drufke a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 27, 1999

Bottom Line:
I've had this unit for a year and a half and still love it. I wish it had a digital output now though! Oh well, the sound is great, and it will play any CD no matter how damaged it is.

Submitted by Duane Walker a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 4, 1999

Bottom Line:
I first considered the Onkyo 530 based on brand reputation, specs. and the music file feature. When I auditioned the unit I compared it with Sony, Harman Kardon, Technics and Kenwood. I didn't expect to hear a discernable difference between the units. However I consistently picked out the Onkyo and the HK without knowing which unit was playing. I was informed by the salesperson that both the Onkyo and the HK used the same quartz-pulse technology (whatever that is). They were both clearly superior to the others (especially the Kenwood). I went with the Onkyo because of the disk memory system even though I paired it with a Harman Kardon AVR25 receiver. I've had it 18 months and have nothing but praise for it. I've read several complaints about the HK units and feel I made the right choice. I highly recommend the unit and give it top rating.

Submitted by Dan a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 10, 1999

Bottom Line:
The 530 has a ton of features and improvements over provious Onkyo changers as well as a bunch of other manufacturers. You can change all 5 while unit is playing, something that the 730 can't do; it only allows changing 3.The 202 disc music file is nifty, if you plan on entering all the names and titles of the dics (up to 16 charaters). Layout of all controls is intutive and the remote is clever and packed with functions. Connecting to an Onkyo receiver make nice use of their RI system and allows unit to be commanded with either remote.
Unit is solid and sound quality is first rate. Hard to beat for the $250 + s/h I paid at Shop4.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Keto Hankins a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 1998

Bottom Line:
I am now testing the ONKYO INTEGRA DX-C730 6-disc changer due to my CARVER MV-5 giving up the ghost after only four months. I like the sound of the ONKYO, warm and not too bright. The mechanical side is sturdy and the over-all design is well thought out. Priced under 500.00 dollars, this entry-level player sounds like a very goody buy! I have listened to CD players costing 2 and 3 times more but the difference in sound just does not justify there high cost. Although this unit DR and SNR are 96 and 98 dB the quality of reproduction through a mid to upper level audio system should easily satisfy the most discerning ear.