Onkyo DX-7911 CD Players

4.88/5 (8 Reviews) MSRP : $1200.00

Submitted by Irage a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just love this piece of equipment. Since I replaced my previous Technics CD player, I'm listening all of my CD's and can't believe myself - sound is absolutely different and fantastic. Comparing to some other more expensieve models - this one is rocks! It has very gentle and detailed sound. It is really doesn't matter if you listening Heavy Metal, New Ages, Jazz or Classics - it plays the music very well.

The only bad thing about this CD player - I have to change my amplifier and speakers to more expensive ones, ONKYO DX-7911 deserves more than I have and I believe I will get even more of it with nice amp and speakers.

Submitted by Takahashi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Being from Japan, Onkyo is always a good bland. The name is very important and this is my first time to own a integra from Onkyo. I happy to have this cd player because it sounds very good and I happy to hear people in America love it too. I am proud to have a cd player from Japan.

I think the price is good because it is top of the line in Japan and US too. Onkyo had made much improvement and that is why the sound is so good.

I think anyone that have a lot of money should listen to this player before buying. I love my dx-7911.

Submitted by JOHN a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Onkyo has designed a terrific Cd player. The DX-7911 can also be utilized as a transport, although, I suggest the awesome DAC from Onkyo. This unit rocks! From Eric Clapton the Eagles, nothing goes unnoticed. Every string and bass just comes alive the minute the play button is pushed.

I cannot get enough of playing with this player. Some people may not like the gold look, but I think the color is representative of it's standard. I've tried out the Luxman, which was nice, but lacks the clarity that the Integra offers. NAD is a respectable name in audio, but in terms of built quality, I have to choose the Onkyo. Nothing beats the DX-7911, especially for under $1300.

Submitted by Dean a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Dx-7911 is one of the best cd player in the market. Other decent players cost twice as much, but with less details and punch.

On the surface, the player looks great. I love the gold look. It's a pretty heavy unit, but that goes to show that Onkyo is serious about having the best components for this player!

I highly recommend the dx-7911 to anyone that has the urge for fine music.

Submitted by Gio Vanni a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best sounding CD player from Onkyo.
As the top-of-the-line unit, it offers unmatched sound
clarity and natural tonal qualities.

The remote is great with volume control and all the
funtions needed for a pleasurable time.

The back consists of variable output control for
better manual digital recordings.

Onkyo has come up with a winner with the DX-7911 and
should be congratulated with respect.

______________________________________