Onkyo DX-7711 CD Players

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $800.00

Submitted by johokkan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
Not sure about the year of model, b/ 7711 anyway. I´ve tried a whole bunch of different players for my new set and nothing seemed to match. except pearl ki-lite. got this one from second hand and based on my earlier experience from onkyo (better) players i figured this would do. Which it and lot more.

-sound stage is big (every direction), sound is crisp for middle freqs and it plays well base too. Vocals sound as they should, very alive. No matter what genre you play from death/doom to classic jazz. very forward leaoning (which i prefer). "thick as a brick".

i've red that it could be easily modified but i'm not there yet. No need to.

-propably too crisp for a crisp set already. go figure.

set: living voice auditorium ii, XTZ-d3 (new wiring bween pre-amp), qed, black rhodium (green)

J-

Submitted by TLCW a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2011

Bottom Line:
My Pioneer PD-M701 is skipping disc. I got an Onkyo Integra DX-7711 from yahoo bid at US$120 last month.
I am returning to 2.0 Stereo after the HT heat for the last few years. I hear mainly classical especially large orchestral works. I am very happy the wide & deep sound stageDX-7711 is revealing to prove the DAC is very highend. Its smooth treble and base thrust bursts out from my Tannoy concentric floorstanding speakers is comparable, if not better than, with my previous owned Kato Kogei stylus cartridge.
It may not be that very warm in vocal ( as I may use a tube buffer to achieve, I guess ) but when I put many CD's which I previously judged as muddy recordings turn out to be good and organised recordings. It is simply a new league in outstanding sound quality from the same CD ! I am re-hearing all my hundreds of CD collections
The solid tank like construction and the fast read laser head condition give me confidence to use this 7711 happily and trustfully for a long period to come though after its previous 13 years of work

Submitted by mrbear a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
This solidly-built player has performed flawlessly for me for 5 years now. It has a certain sweetness that makes even dreadful first-generation CD's sound smooth. Better CD's are rendered with an analog-like mellowness. No excessive "hi-fi" or "etched" quality whatsoever.

The solidity and dimensionality of the image are superb. It is electronically and physically totally quiet and has a host of features.

I've paired it with a couple high-end outboard DAC's (Theta's) and found the improvement marginal, i.e the onboard analog section is superb.

Purchased At:   Local Dealer

Submitted by Evci Volkan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
Realy, integra sound. Playing it with onkyo 9711 amp and magnat vintage 510 loud speaker is perfect. Highest quality, pure sound and economical price.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 29, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent find. This player produces a huge soundstage and the clarity is remarkable. It has accurate and tight bass response with articulate and detailed highs. Whether used as a transport or a player, the Onkyo will not disappoint.

TARA LABS: