Onkyo CD-X530 CD Players

Submitted by Arnold Smith a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I would suggest making sure the Onkyo product you purchase is made in Japan. The unit I got was made in Malaysia. Not too happy about the chirtping

Purchased At:   Kromer Radio

Submitted by Howster a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 23, 1997

Bottom Line:
This is one kick-butt CD changer. Having owned 2 Sonys and a Pioneer over the past 7 years, I decided it was time for a change. Comparing the Denon DMC-460, Yamaha CDC-775, and the Onkyo CD-X530, the choice was clear. The Onkyo has by far the best craftsmanship. It's a very solid machine with well thought out design features. ie - the display is above the tray, next selection feature, 6 disk capacity, etc. The Yamaha had a very shoddy feel. The tray took twice as long to open and the display is awful. The Denon's function labels were already fading. As for sound, the Onkyo is a definite improvement over my old Sony away. The bass is tighter, treble brighter. Overall sound is rich and warm. As a previous skeptic of differences in CD player sound quality, I couldn't quite believe my ears when I first heard this unit. I couldn't be happier with my selection. This unit has quality written all over it for around $300!

60.0 WA BLACK: