Onkyo C-7030 CD Players

Treat your CD collection to high-quality sound reproduction from the Onkyo C7030 single-disc player. Play a variety of file formats, including MP3 and WMA. A precision clock and VLSC keeps the signal clean, while the solid cabinet and flat chassis base reduces unwanted vibrations. The result is impressively authentic sound for an extremely affordable price.
  • 25-Track Memory Playback
  • Custom-Designed Massive EI Transformer
  • Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Inputs

Submitted by M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
I've had the C-7030 for a month or two. I like it, but i haven't heard real high-end players.

I have to admit though, I was a bit disappointed that it didn't sound that much better than my old Pioneer PD-4550 (which more than likely was a BOTL model back in the day). It does sound quieter in the background though and bass is maybe a tad tighter. But that's it, just maybes... could be all just in my head.

I was quite excited with all the raving reviews on amazon how it was night and day difference compared to old BOTL cd players. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned here...

But it's a nice player, mine is quiet when playing, could be quieter when loading, but that's not a big deal for me, doesn't skip cds, and looks good to me and was quite cheap. And the headphone out is nearly as good as my Yamaha CR-800's. Much better than H/K AVR-230's for example.

So in summary, definitely worth the money since it's rather inexpensive and you get quite a lot for the money. However i expected a bit more of it's sonic performance, but then again, probably it was just me. If you're looking for a budget cd-player, this is one to consider.

Sennheiser: