Nakamichi CDC-200 CD Players

2.9/5 (29 Reviews)

5 disc CD Changer

Submitted by leozab a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2011

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best sounding 5 disc CD player out there. Very reliable and a great performer.

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
A lot of people claim to have reliability problems with this unit, but mine has been just fine. Over 3 years of use now without a single problem. No loud transport noise fresh out of the box, no skipping discs, etc. Maybe I just got lucky, but I'm very happy with it. Even reads a few discs I burned myself that skip in my CD-ROM drive.

Audio-wise it's great. I don't have the best room acoustics or anything like that, but it sounds very transparent on a variety of music types.

Submitted by Reg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had nothing but good experiences with my player. All the features it?s suppose to do, it does well. I have read a few horror stories on this board but I bought mine from Best Buy like a lot of other guys but I can?t think of anything truly negative.

Submitted by George a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
I no longer have any respect for Nakamichi. This player frequently misreads discs (even new ones), and skips on most. This is simply unacceptable for a CD player that has been doing this since I bought it new! You would think the folks at Nakamichi would honor my valid complaint and issue me a refund or send me out another player, but of course NO! They gave me some bull story about how they don't really manufacture this, and it just happens to have the Nakamichi name on it!!!!

To me, they are nothing but CROOKS that will not stand behind their products. I spit on Nakamichi, and will NEVER buy another one of their products again!

Submitted by greg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I feel for the people that did not pay the normal retail price for the unit. I bought the unit from a reputable firm and paid a whole lot more than some of the others that posted a review. It could very well be that "refurbished" units were bought for the prices posted.

My unit never skips and is not abnormally noisy. We bought the unit by name alone and have not been disappointed. This is the first Nakamichi product I purchased. If this is any indication of their quality, I will continue to buy Nakamichi. Hopefully I did not jinx myself.

Purchased At:   Best Buy