NAD C545BEE CD Players

4.2/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $399.99

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

Based on its well-respected and hugely successful forebears, the C541i and C542, the NAD C545BEE continues the fine tradition and further improves the line with extra functionality and improved acoustic performance.
  • MP3 and WMA decoding
  • Burr Brown 24 bit Digital to Analogue Converter
  • Program Play up to 40 Tracks
  • External IR Input
  • 12V Trigger Input

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
Well it had to happen sooner or later. This player is the first NAD product to fail me. I am a big fan of NAD. Always heard about other people having trouble with their products, but until now I never did.

The problem started with the player not reading the CDs. Sent it away for service, got it back tried it briefly, sounded OK. After a couple of months of non use I put it back in my system, well it plays fine for about the first 30 seconds to 1 minute of the song, then flips to the next track. The repair shop tells me this was not happening when they tested it after fixing the non read problem. They said it can happen if a player sits for awhile w/o use, Huh???? The fix will be a new set of switches. So far a new transport, now a new set of switches. Cannot recommend this player based on my experience.

Funny thing is, I have a NAD C542, never had a problem, it sits in my office unused for months at a time with no use. Plays fine every time I fire it up.

Submitted by winelovers a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2011

Bottom Line:
It all started with an audio disaster. I wanted to send my beloved Luxman L-410 amp for a service as some of the controls had become sticky and staticy as well as a few minor lights not working. During pulling the connections apart in our stereo cabinet , a shelf collapsed dropping my Rega Planar 3 turntable to the ground and wrecking the Ortofon stylus. Solution after some research ( thanks Audioreview) was a replacement Grado Green cartridge for a modest price and the improvement over the old Ortofon was dramatic. That however , reflected poorly on the 1990's NAD 501 , which sounded rather lifeless and tired by comparison. More research led to looking at a newly relaesed NAD Cd players 515BEE and 545BEE and after some audtions chose the 545, a decision I am very happy with. CD's sound great again, detailed , great soundstage with lovely definiton and separation, just very musical and natural.Now the Luxman is back to its former self, LP's and CD's are sounding great again and have just got some minimags ie Magneplanar MMG'S so who knows where this will lead.
Bottom line is this NAD player is a lovely unit and won't disappoint the most particular buyer, especially at this price point.

Submitted by Valkilm a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2009

Bottom Line:

I have this cd player for some months and I can say that it's a fabulous machine, there is detail, poise, refinement, attack, dynamics, well there is everything in this cd player, you can have massive sound if the music so desires or that little details refinement. I have it together with the NAD C355BEE amplifier and makes such a duo! Can't see better matching, so the price is fantastic considering what's on offer for this amp, you will find no other that offers such caracteristics and such a price!!

Submitted by edpadden a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
Hello. Just bought this unit a month ago. The sound is great but a little dark. I have some experience doing mods so I decided to replace the Burr Brown op-amps with some National Semiconductor LME49720's from Digikey and I also replaced the bypass caps to the coupling caps (little red Wima caps) I replaced them with some .22uF AudioCaps from partsexpress.com. All I can say is "Wow". The sound is noticeably punchier, the highs have sparkle and the bass is iron fisted. Not bad for $25 in parts. Let me know if you are interested in having this done. I can help you out. edpadden@yahoo.com

Submitted by jfrickmann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I just had my old stereo killed by a lightning strike, and decided to check out NAD. And I am very happy I did!!

My old stereo was about five years old, well reputed stuff in the same price range, and I was quite happy with it. But the new combo of NAD C545BEE and C326BEE with my trusty old Snell Type E / III speakers simply amaizes me! If you are going to buy stereo hi-fi around this range, do yourself a favour and hear this combo before you decide!

I am big in classical music, and the way it reproduces Michala Petri playing Vivaldi's flute concertos (Philips) is far better than anything I have heard before. The challenge with this piece of music is that the flute and violins together are very hard to get right. But this combo just does it, seemingly effortlessly. Mozart's piano concerto no. 9 played by Murray Perahia (Sony) is even more joyful than usual. And Sibelius' En Saga directed by Vladimir Ashkenazy (Decca) is nothing less than superb.

But throw anything you like at it. Manhattan Transfer, and you're dancing around. Or the musical cats, which is playing as I write. Five stars home safe!

NAD C545BEE tracks failure

I have just bought a NAD C545BEE. It resulted that it cannot play some tracked continuos music parts, stopping by an instant at the transition from one track to the next, horrible trouble that spoils the listening. In the store we could realize that every NAD CD player have the same bug (at the deal ... Read More »

Atlantic Technology :