Museatex CDD 1 CD Players

CD Transport

Submitted by Timothy O'Connor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
After coming back to my orginal review and re-reading it, I must point out that this transport's rating of 4 out of 5 is based on comparison to the VERY BEST digital gear out there. So don't be fooled or detered from checking this wonderful transport out!

I am now running a Muse Model Five via their proprietary 13W3 I2S interface with, yes, better musical result; however, the Museatex CDD-1 sounds remarkably similar to the Model Five. That is how good this unit is.

Submitted by Timothy F. OConnor a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
This transport is quite compact in size and very well made. I would suggest that Mr. Meitner designed (?) a gem here. I got mine in a sort of round about way, but got a very good price on it.
This unit combined with my Muse (no relation to Museatex) Model Two Plus DAC make for some very good music. I recommend the combo. I have some very good ancillary equipment which I will not list here that makes for an excellent music system with this unit as one of its sources. Give it a listen if you can find one. I think it is still available new.

Atlantic Technology :