McIntosh MCD7010 CD Players

-Vibration-Free Rigid Disc Clamping System. -Die-Cast Aluminum Overhead Turntable with Precision Helicoid Clamp. -Bitstream, 1-Bit, Double Differential DAC in each Channel. -20 Bit, 8 Times Oversampling Digital Filter. -3rd Order Butterworth Analog Filter. -Remote Control Through local or McIntosh Control Centers or through CR12/MX130/MX132.

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2017

Bottom Line:
When I was buying a new all McIntosh system in the late 1990s, the last component I acquired was the MCD 7010. Like other reviewers, the addition of the Mac CD player caused several of my friends and relatives to wonder if I had a whole new system because it improved the sound so much. It sounds wonderful and works flawlessly. I have used it nearly every day since I purchased it and never had a problem with it. I would highly recommend this component.

For full disclosure, I have been a McIntosh fan since 1970 and still own and use all the pieces I purchased then. None of them have ever needed maintenance and all sound terrific today. An excellent investment.

Submitted by Mark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2017

Bottom Line:
This cd player sounded great the day I brought it home and still sounds great more than 10 years later. When I purchased it, several of my friends and family members asked if I had gotten a whole new system even though it was the only thing that changed, Never had a problem after many hours of use. Like most Macintosh products, it just keeps giving great sound.

Submitted by Guy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
I would have passed this one up if it had not been for such a great deal on it. The construction, sound, response and ability to pick up all the Subtleties - it's all McIntosh