McIntosh MCD7008 CD Players

Submitted by Pete Kuhlman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
I got this unit for free because it was broken. I opened it up and took out a CD that was jamming it up, and it works great now!
My old player was the weak link of my system. I hooked up the Mac and WOW! The clarity, the richness and the imaging are superb, and the remote and the changer are very nice luxuries that I hadn't yet bothered to indulge in.

In light of what I payed for it, I give five stars for value, and since it's the best CD player I've heard so far, I give it five stars for overall too.

Purchased At:   Boss

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2000

Bottom Line:
This is very nice player.The build quality is fantastic.Very solid unit uses Nakamichi Music bank system.As a transport you will be hard pressed to get better.Bought used for 700.00.Got a steal.They typically sell at 1200.00 used was 2200.00 new.The sound is full and not as bright as you typically excpect from a cd player.This would be a great addition to Hi Fi system.Can hold 7 cds and has many progaming functions and comes with a very nice remote.Volume control from the remote is a very nice feature.