McIntosh MCD7007 CD Players

5/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $2000.00

single box CD player with Philips TDA-1541 S1 Gold Crown DAC

Submitted by Yoshi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
McIntosh MCD 7007.
I purchased this unit in Japan about 19 years ago. Recently, I sent the unit to McIntosh Lab in Binghamton NY for an overhaul. The people at the lab were extremely helpful and it came back in a perfect condition after fine tunings and whatever they did. I ‘ve listen to other players (Tudor, Accuphase and etc.) in the past, but nothing comes close to the MCD7007 in the sound reproduction. It sounds almost as smooth as listening a vinyl on my Thorens turn table with SME torn arm fitted with Ortfon USP Gold, sounds very smooth. You don't get tired of listening like some the high end systems like Mark Levinson, Krell and others. I am from Japan where many audio systems are manufactured by various manufactured using the latest technologies, but I must confess that nothing beats my McIntosh system. The company makes the world's best stereo systems without any doubts.

Submitted by lpquick a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased this unit used on ebay, mainly due to the good reviews I've read here. I was not disapointed. It is extremly detailed, never shrill or grainy, with a touch of warmth that add's to it's sweet sound. Outstanding bang for the buck. Higly recommended!

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by James a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
My review is somewhat biased as I have become a Mac enthusiast. That said, this is a well built, fine sounding component. Drop in some live music, and it will reproduce beautifully.
I switched to the 7007 from a Rotel 975. Having shopped around for several months, I have found the 7007 to have finer sound reproduction, superior cosmetics, and far more character than anything in it's range.
My strongest possible recommendation.

Submitted by Sean a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit recently for cosmetics only, as I run my studio sound through McIntosh pre amps and amps, as they are the most pleasing to my ears (owned Levinson, Krell, Bryston, etc.).
The first thing I did was plug it through a 4 figure DAC which I use with my Sony Pro SMPTE sources. It, obviously, sounded no different than my other sources. As a test, I hooked up the 7007 direct (no DAC) and was amazed.
It sounded great, not unlike good analog pressings! I highly recommend listening to this unit.

Submitted by Andy a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased a model MCD7007 after reading the reviews posted here (especially the one from Nestor).I am not disappointed. The machine has made me want to listen to CDs for the first time. I still feel that some CDs, notably old analogue conversions to digital, were poorly done and sound like crap. But they sound less like crap with the McIntosh. The better CDs sound almost as good as my turntable (better in the aspect of no noise). This machine can actually provide a soundstage on recordings that have one, whereas my Denon DCD820 never could. The sound is smooth yet dynamic and there is three dimensionality and air. I can certainly recommend the MCD 7007. My Denon is for sale. I'll give you a good deal.

Premier Mounts: