Marantz SA8260 CD Players

4.17/5 (24 Reviews) MSRP : $895.00

A Legend Returns... Hear perfection as Marantz once again brings the audiophile’s choice of formats in the SA8260 SACD Player. The SA8260 continues with our traditional Marantz technical perfection and encompasses our heritage of sonic perfection. The SA8260 features Multi/Two-Channel SACD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW Playback to accomodate both the latter and next-generation audio (SACD) formats which are complimented by the High-Definition Amplifier Modules (HDAM). The HDAM modules internally contained within the SA8260 compliment and thereby enhances the sonic resolution and realism for the most accurate rendition of playback available - just as the artist intended their recording to be heard.

Submitted by Harold boman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2014

Bottom Line:
I have the marantz sa8260, had the same drawbacks of toc mistake but I found a solution in sacd.net me and reads all cd, sacd and cd - r smoothly, I can say that it is a well built, very musical machine operational HDAM get along with my denon avr4306 great sound and low cost since other players are high-priced sacd

price paid:US$207
Purchased At: local retailer

Submitted by Joe Farquhar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2007

Bottom Line:
This review is for the SA-8001. This product has absolutely re-awakened my interest and enthusiasm in music. As a basic CD player the 8001 is as good as I have heard. Deep clean bass, smooth mid range and very natural top end provides detail that is hard to describe. Playing all my old CD's and hearing ,or should I say noticing things I hadn't been aware of before. Hearing the individual voices of background singers for example that previously weren't distinct, but rather blended. As I am new to SACD's I really can't compare other than to say the sound is awesome.Anyone considering this type of product should definiteley audition the SA-8001

Purchased At:   Audio Show

Submitted by Sam Kaestner a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 2007

Bottom Line:
This player sounds fantastic. I have no real complaints there. The imaging and resolution are great. I have had some problems with playback. After I got it, I started having issues reading stuff. To make a long story short, the thing has been fixed twice under warranty so far. I say so far, because after geting it back for the second time about 2 weeks ago, it is starting to show the same problems again. Hopefully marantz will resolve this issue somehow. I am a professional musician, and rely on this player to be able to listen to pieces I need to play on upcoming performances. It is a major hassle to have to listen to Mahler in the car to hear something in the piece.

Purchased At:   accesories4less.com

Submitted by jrhymeammo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
Im reviewing this brand new SA8001 I purchased from American Theater thru Audiogon.
This unit is a huge imrovement for me over my Yamaha CDC-845, I've played with a cheap Sony SACD player before and decided SACD format wasnt worth my money. Well in this hobby you'll get what you pay for 95% of the time. This Marantz didnt have that harsh sound Sony provided. Sound is silky smooth. I'm a vinyl guy but this player allows me to enjoy my CDs.

I thought I would take a chance on this player and if I didnt like it I would return it or sell it on Agon for around $700. I'm keeping it.

Purchased At:   American Theater thr

Submitted by johnjohn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 20, 2006

Bottom Line:
This review covers the new SA8001. Rrosev is absolutely correct - I also have an LP12 and the two sound remarkably alike. In the SA8001 Marantz has made significant refinements. Having had both 8260 and 8001 in my system, I can say the latter outperforms the former in all categories except transparency. Though quite good within their price class, neither machine is really all that transparent when compared to the best. But the 8001 at least has decent bass, timbre and dynamics, and reads TOC properly. The transport also runs quieter. The 8260 is a respectable $1K player, but the new 8001 tromps the competition. It outperforms the Rotel, comparably priced Vincent, and virtually all of the British competition, and is on par with most $1.5K-$2K machines. If weight is any indication of quality, this player weighs 17 lb and sports a toroidal power transformer much bigger than the measly e-core in the 8260; in fact it is almost as big as the one in the SA14 and SA11. The only under $1K player I prefer to the 8001 is the Jolida JD100A, but 8001 sounds flatter and has better bass. This has got to be the last word in solid state CD players under $1K.

Purchased At:   local retailer

Quick question about the Marantz SA8260

None of the online retailers seems to be able to (or willing to) answer this: does the Marantz SA8260 have bass management?Read More »

Marantz SA8260 or Sony SCD-C555ES: Which, and where to buy?

I want any upgrade to my current Sony SCD-CE775. I would prefer new, but might consider used from a reliable source; I don't really want to go the mod route. I want multi-channel SACD playback but also excellent RBCD sound. Which or these two, or other device, do your recommend? Where to buy? I ... Read More »

TARA LABS: