Marantz PMD350 CD Players

3.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $538.00

The PMD350 is the is quality standard when it comes to combination CD player and cassette decks. Unmatched sound quality and fully independent operation of both the CD drive

Submitted by dakatabg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 24, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought this wonderful Marantz from ebay! This is the greatest cd changer + cassette deck I have ever had in my life! It is made so nice! If you buy one like this you won't feel sorry!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by AJS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
This has been a very reliable and good sounding unit for my purposes. I bought it for the mic inputs as a recording/playback deck for band practice, (I'm a drummer). I use an Audio Techica AT822 stereo mic and it works great with the PMD-350. (Hint: if you record live from the mic inputs, use metal tapes if possible - the sound is much more dynamic and clean with wider frequency response.)

The combined tape+CD outputs are handy, because it saves an input on your pre-amp, and keeps you from having to switch between the two sources at the pre-amp. Also the CD pitch control is nice when you want to change the speed or pitch when learning a song.

Sound quality overall is good, though I wouldn't say it equals my Rotel RCD-865BX CD player or Sony TC-K679ES cassette in audiophile terms. The Rotel is more weighty in the bass with more extention, and is not as grainy in the mids/highs. The Sony ES deck just sounds more accurate and more like the source you recorded from than the Marantz, but the Sony is a 3-head/3-motor unit with bias calibration, so I would expect it to sound better.

The rest of the features all worked well, so I can't complain there. Overall, a very flexible and dependable unit with good (not great) sonics.

*3.5 Overall Rating (right between 'average" to "very good" product.

*3.85 Value Rating, (pretty "fair", but not "great" deal).

Purchased At:   Boynton Pro Audio, M