Marantz CD-7300 CD Players

• 1-30 seconds Quick Replay function
  • CD-R and CD-RW playback capability
  • Crystal CS4396 DACs
  • Display Off function
  • Choice of analogue and optical/coaxial digital outputs
  • Marantz D-Bus remote link sockets

Submitted by josephjohn a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2009

Bottom Line:
This is an excellent looking and SOUNDING cd player, I have been using it for 3 years and have been very happy with it.
When even comparing to more expensive models it sounds even better.
The highs are open and clearly defined, midrange lush and bass is full and well controled. Best of all sound is so musical.
The player looks are great, never problems reading the discs, you can turn off the display and even play mp3 discs. If you like, you can even change the speed of disk rotation, so music sounds faster or slower, depending how you like it.
Top class. High quality product. Especially if you can find it on the second hand market at good prices.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by akkuzio a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
Build
The physical build of this player is quite solid and firm, sturdy. The CD tray is fast, a bit too fast for my liking when inserting and ejecting CDs.

Sound
Warm in the midrange. The player is sweet and delicate on vocals. Acoustic instruments are defined well. Classical, instrumentals, vocals will shine with this CD player. However, in complex musical passages, this CD does lose some focus.
Not heavy in the bass, there is bass but lacks the dynamics or punch in the low region. Perhaps this CD player is not for POP, rap or rock lovers.
Treble is not bright and not grainy. I did not notice any shrill or sibilance on female vocals here . Hi-hats on percussion instruments were defined well.

Musicality
This CD player is more musical than analytical. With an analog feel to the CD being played, you would enjoy your records better. Level of detail picked up from the player is good, not dry not clinical.

Pace
This is the part where the CD player suffers the most. It lacks the dynamics in term of pace and vibrancy. It feels that the player is more laidback than upfront. Think candle light dinner instead of a night out at the disco. There is a slow feel to music. Maybe this the marantz sound anyway since Im quite new with this hifi thingy.

Purchased At:   Malaysia (RM)

Submitted by bravoboy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 12, 2006

Bottom Line:
Hi all. I bought this player in january and it forms the heart of my stereo setup. Earlier i was using the Rotel RC-02 but had problems in reading all my CDs. I was not happy as i had to use my Pioneer DVD player to play the CDs the Rotel would not read. I went to the store n the guy recommended to try marantz as it plays all the CDs including MP3s. I brought few my CDs to check it was true and bravo! it was all smiles on my face. then i wntd to check if it sounded better than the Rotel. so i immediately did a comparision in my home. I must say the marantz sound is a real hifi and music is music. the quality as compared to rotel looks much better and most importantly it plays all my dics.

I really recommend this player to anyone as there are lot of audio formats in the market and this is the only audiophile player that plays them.

Purchased At:   Belgium

Submitted by eargetsmacked a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am using this player for almost 3 years and i am very satisfied and happy. I saw this player still being reviewd so i thought i would write my own review today. I highly recommend this player to anyone who gets it. I think marantz make small number of this player now. You will have to chek. I use this for my stero setup with Kef iQ7 speakers now. I use the old NAD C320BEE as Kef sound good with it. My system sounds very nice.

Purchased At:   Singapore

Submitted by eargetsmacked a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
Nothing much to wirte on this nice player. I am using this player for my stero setup from the last 3 years and its sounds very good. I am very satisfied and happy with it. I was browsing through the latest reviews here when i saw people still reviewing this not in production model of marantz. I then thought to write my own. So i highly recomend this player if you can find any where. I think the company still makes limited number of them. i nvr chek.

Purchased At:   Singapore