Marantz CD-72 MKII SE CD Players

4.78/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by ger a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 17, 2014

Bottom Line:
It's quality build, all copperhousing, very neutral and I can listen to it forever. If someone offered me a thousand $ I would not sell it.I bought this excellent player for one reason. it performs beautifully still after almost 18 years( 2014 !! ) I have to confess that I've looked for other cd players but I would have to pay A LOT MORE for the same quality and craftsmenship I'msending it to marantz Netherlands, because after this time the CD sled doesn't open sometimes. so I pay 50 bucks and its "new" again. I REST MY CASE. MARANTZ CD 72MKII SE will be my player (i know)for anothernumber off years. ger

Submitted by Rudolfs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
Lived happily with it since 1998, through upgrades of speakers (NAD 800, Dali Trio, Lowther Fidelio) and amps (Pioneer A105, NAD 312, Marantz AV500 pre+ Innovative -Audio monoblocks), no seems to be outperformed by Arcam DV27 in most areas.
Still would say it is an excellent performer, very good build quality, reasonable ergonomics. It is a player which is easy to liwe with, woyuld not be surprised if after a while I would again prefer it to DV27 for music. One thing I am sure about is that I will certainly keep it.

Purchased At:   Marantz Latvia

Submitted by zneel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I have this piece of equipment for ages, it still performs. Sound is accurate and it still does what it should do: playing CD's. I've upgraded the rest of my set, went active with my Linn Keilidhs, upgraded to Linn LK140 power amps, Linn Wakonda. Still like my ancient Marantz: it performs, performs and performs.
Lots of quality, especially for the money. I use it a lot, and it will break down in the end. But untill than I will cherrish it. The CD72 still outperforms more recent and much more expensive players.
I still like the sound, and that after 10 years. Amazing!!!!

Purchased At:   Hanze HiFi

Submitted by zneel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I still like the sound, and that after 10 years. Amazing!!!!

Purchased At:   Hanze HiFi

Submitted by KUNG a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 13, 2003

Bottom Line:
The Marantz CD72 MK II does it job
well indeed and very musical, worth to
buy in the 2nd hand if in good condition,
I cant find any choice better than it
within this price range.