Marantz CD-67se CD Players

4.12/5 (57 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

High quality transport resonance-free CDM12.3 linear trace laser with Digital Servo Drive (DSD), 1-bit converter

Submitted by hififan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
This has to be one of the best Cd players made in its price range. Love the good bass truely a very good player for all types of music. I run mine with an old Nad 3020 in my bedroom very good combo for a budget system with big sound.

Submitted by tone911 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
I was really impressed with the Marantz CD67 SE, suggested from a new friend the advice to buy turned out to be a very good purchase through a trading site.
This player for the price has excellent clarity, imagery and pretty good bass reproduction.
I run this player through an Pioneer A400X amp and it sounds better than most equipement manufactured in this day and age, in saying that the amp for me needed to be warmed up for a good half an hour and bi-wired to my Mission 731 pro speakers for it to really reveal the true character of the Marantz.
I dont have a remote for this player but its manufactured with one, the player is definitly worth the money at a reasonable price if you can snag one, excellent buy for entry audiofiles.

Submitted by ryan neill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
this cd player is the best i have ever owned. teamed with my marantz pm-66se amp and tannoy mercury m3 speakers, its a sound i'm more than pleased with.

Purchased At:   practical hi-fi

Submitted by Rolf Holowenko a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a Player under $800, this will have to be your choice. Great warm. rich sound, stunning 3D imaging - this thing is pure sound at all! Thank you Marantz! (Little hint: eBAy Germany - www.ebay.de - sells them for under $250 !!)

Purchased At:   used

Submitted by Jon a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
I walked into this shop with the intent to by a Sub, for a home cinema set up and to use with two chan listening. I just wasent happy with the bass response i was getting, any way these guys in the shop (established 3 weeks), had this mini cafe set up, and made me all this coffee, didnt talk to me about buying anything, just talked about how good the coffee was, real strange, but puts you in this buying mood.
Any way enough dribble, I loved my old phillips player, running through a marantz sr7000, Monitor Audio 5is, Van der hull interconnects, And a few mtrs of kimber cable.
The guys in this shop advised me against the sub as my listening is mainly two channell, and told me to upgrade my player about 9 years old. The options was that If I did not like what I heard I could return and buy the Sub, (no dramas)Well i have to say this was amazing, open sound nice bass and displayed the music as I have not heared before, so then in summary I love this player, cheap really for what Ii have recieved, and proves to me that the difference in equipment makeds 20-30% improvement.

Purchased At:   Sydney