Marantz CD-67se CD Players

4.14/5 (58 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

High quality transport resonance-free CDM12.3 linear trace laser with Digital Servo Drive (DSD), 1-bit converter

Submitted by Paul a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 8, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have to say, I've owned many CD players form the likes of Rotel, Sony, Yamaha, Denon etc. The CD67SE is by far leaps and bounds above anything I've heard! Paired with my B&W 703's it is a match made in heaven and the slightly laid back presentation of the Marantz has tamed the somewhat forward sounding tweeters in my 703's very sweetly. The sound is dynamic yet smooth. Compared to my Marantz SACD/CD player...well there is no comparison to my ears! I'd pick the CD67SE every time and I've tested this many times. Are there "Better" players out there?? Honestly I don't know. I say this because firstly, sound is completely subjective. Second, I think it's true that increased expenditure many times equals diminutive returns with regards to increased performance and many times all you're paying for is R&D costs, exotic materials and veneers etc. many of which have not been proven to improve performance. I simply can't imagine liking another CD player "more"...differently maybe ...but not more. Marantz has been doing their thing for decades and have it down pat IMHO. I think it's funny when people call Marantz "MID-FI" seemingly "only" based on their very reasonable price points. Try this player out "if" you can find one and just enjoy the music... isn't that what it's all about? Cheers!

Submitted by hififan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2012

Bottom Line:
This has to be one of the best Cd players made in its price range. Love the good bass truely a very good player for all types of music. I run mine with an old Nad 3020 in my bedroom very good combo for a budget system with big sound.

Submitted by tone911 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
I was really impressed with the Marantz CD67 SE, suggested from a new friend the advice to buy turned out to be a very good purchase through a trading site.
This player for the price has excellent clarity, imagery and pretty good bass reproduction.
I run this player through an Pioneer A400X amp and it sounds better than most equipement manufactured in this day and age, in saying that the amp for me needed to be warmed up for a good half an hour and bi-wired to my Mission 731 pro speakers for it to really reveal the true character of the Marantz.
I dont have a remote for this player but its manufactured with one, the player is definitly worth the money at a reasonable price if you can snag one, excellent buy for entry audiofiles.

Submitted by ryan neill a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
this cd player is the best i have ever owned. teamed with my marantz pm-66se amp and tannoy mercury m3 speakers, its a sound i'm more than pleased with.

Purchased At:   practical hi-fi

Submitted by Rolf Holowenko a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 14, 2001

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a Player under $800, this will have to be your choice. Great warm. rich sound, stunning 3D imaging - this thing is pure sound at all! Thank you Marantz! (Little hint: eBAy Germany - www.ebay.de - sells them for under $250 !!)

Purchased At:   used