Marantz CC-67 CD Players

CD Changer

Submitted by Mark a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
This model is being cleared out for the new cc 3000 and cc 4000. I purchased mine for $300 new in the box from a local high-end shop. Retails around $400. I purchased this 5 cd-changer with the intent on listening to DTS cds that my older Denon model couldn't play because it had no digital out. Unfortunately, this model, even with a coaxial digital out, won't play DTS cds. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy. I have it hooked up to a Nakamichi AV-10 receiver, both digitally and with analog connectors. Surprisingly, the analog sound is quite noticeably better than using the Nak's DAC. Sound has much more depth and punch. I really enjoy the quick-play feature on the disc drawer. Load one cd, hit quick-play and the unit quickly plays that disc rather than cycling through all the empty sockets as most changers would do. The unit operates quietly. Even the drawer opens and closes quietly. Unfortunately, Philips (the parent of Marantz) included a cheap remote that operates on a battery more associated with watches than remotes. They didn't even enclose a battery in the packaging. I had to look through the owner's manual to learn what type of battery is needed. And then for some strange reason my Nak's learning remote can't deal with this device. This a first, since I have several units programmed into the Nak remote. This is not a hardship, however, because I simply load 5 discs in the drawer, hit random, and walk away. Overall, I highly recommend this unit if it can be found for $300 or under. I didn't believe one player could sound better than another, but I clearly noticed an improvement in the sound of my CDs going from my 4-year-old Denon to the Marantz.

High End: