Marantz CC-65se CD Players

3.91/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $500.00

Submitted by Riopel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2003

Bottom Line:
I had before the cc65se an other marantz cd-63 which gave me a lot of satisfaction, now I have a Denon 2800mkII on my principal system.
I bought the cc65se to drive a system in another room, I needed a multi disc player for ambiant music whitout sacrifice in the sound quality and this is the perfect machine for this. The player is quiet fast in disk change and have a neutral sound whitout excess on hi. Like the cd-63 is built tough whit great quality component, whit the cd-63 which was the same machine but only 1 disk I never have any problem in five year so... Marantz have a great name for me unless some trouble come whit my cc65se but I will see if it append and at this price...

Purchased At:   particular

Submitted by kingcrim05 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just received this cd player a few days ago. I hooked it up with a Monster digital coaxial to my Marantz 6200. I have that hooked up to 4 Infinity IL40's and an IL36c. I sounded pretty good right away. I didn't like how it has to scan all the disc bays right on start-up but it moves pretty fast. Playback was very nice and i like how it handled scratched discs. It works hard to play through them and plays a crisp sound even if there is slight scratching. The remote is alright as long as you "forget" there's a second side. No problems and i hope it stays working the way it is now. I'll just use the 6200 remote to control the whole system it sounds like, so the remote isn't an issue at all.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by timrhu a

Date Reviewed: July 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Was looking to replace my Sony changer and bought the Marantz on E-Bay with a bid I did not expect to win. The unit arrived intact and in nearly new condition. Took it apart to look inside and clean it and was impressed with the quality of parts used.?xD;?xA;I Was even more impressed when I hooked it up to my system. The sound was very open and dynamic. It also offered a warmth that the Sony lacks. I'm hearing the music without the analytical harshness of the older Sony. I listened to Joni Mitchell's Blue as a test.Her vocals always sounded a little grainy on the Sony, this was gone with the Marantz. I have always loved the music on this cd but not the sound quality, what an improvement. Much closer to an analog sound. ?xD;?xA;While I feel the sound is an improvement, the lack of features compared to the Sony is a little dissapointing. I say this although I rarely used the extensive programming or sound effects features. The Marantz does everything I need just fine. One more nitpic. The drawer on the Sony is quite a bit smoother and quieter.?xD;?xA;This is a great changer, especially if you can find a good used one

Purchased At:   E-Bay

Submitted by a. nathan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2001

Bottom Line:
A solid machine. No problems in almost four years. It also sounds better than my Sony 8es.

Purchased At:   shelleys

Submitted by Darrel MC a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Well i was in cash generator a second hand store in the UK and i clocked it out of the corner of my eye. It was going for £98 pounds but i knocked him down to £90 pounds [about $160 - $170 ish I think!]. So I purchased it got it home opened it up asnd gave it a once over [servicing] I do electronics. Sounded perfect to me when I played the first CD in it like it gave CD's a new lease of life. Using my custom homemade interconnects gave the CD player all the life it needed. I did a bit of research found out that the player was worth £350 uk pounds brand new and it got good reviews in all the magazines and documents in my archieve.
Quite simply a damn good CD player almost bullet proof!
It also has a good nak of playing scratched CD's almost like they are new a good facility for those old CD's that have been around and around and got the looks to show it. It also plays CDR's very well with no problems.

In comparison to others, well 50 times better than my old player. Has more soundscape and authority than the Teac 500 series player part of the stack. Ive not really heard other CD' players an my set up. Its unfair to make comparisons as all the setups i have checked are totally different you know.

Purchased At:   Cash Generator