Kenwood CD-425M CD Players

4.33/5 (9 Reviews) MSRP : $300.00

· Digital Filter: 8-Times Oversampling · Digital to Analog Converter: Dual 1-Bit · Noise Shaping: 3rd-Order · Precision Digital Timing (DPAC) · Audible Fast-Forward/Fast-Reverse · Best Selection File: 32-Track · CD Text · Direct Disc Access: Alphabetically by Remote and Front Panel, and by Title (with Compatible Receiver) · Direct Track Access (with Remote) · Disc Capacity: 200 Discs

Submitted by schless a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Got this unit to mate with my Kenwood VR-4080
It has netnamer, a marvelous Idea with a somewhat poor implementation.
It is connected to a XP media edition PC next to rest of stereo equipment.
it works extremely well with the VR-4080 and has been filled with disks for years now.
I recently got a used (for $10) kenwood 200 disk changer with no netnamer, what a pain in the arse! Although it takes netnamer quite awhile to load and name all the disk - it is dramatically easier and more convieient than writing all that in a note pad.

Purchased At:   midwest stereo wichi

Submitted by rmuthuku a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was in search of CD-changer/Juke box with a ethernet connectivity(may be it's too early for the audio appliances to feature this :-)) and I ended up buying this exclusively for the feature of RS232 support and picked it up at the local good guys on the clearance. Disc management is great and the system remembers CD-text upto 210 discs even if CDs don't feature CD-Text. Hooked up the changer to my receiver thru Digital optical cable and the sound is great.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Dredal a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
I hooked this multidisc changer up to my system via optical output and the music sounds great. I am of the opinion that most of the cd reader technology available for the $300 cdn price range is of the same quality. With a 2 year warranty on this unit I am quite happy with it.

Although my cd collection is small, I now have a goal to purchase over 150 new cd's.

Sound is good, play is simple and it fits in my cabinet. The Sony unit was to high.

Purchased At:   Whit by HIFI Centre

Submitted by doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have reviewed this great product previously.About a year has gone by and I have had no problems with this unit. I recently discovered that the netnamer feature is being dropped from this model so I went out and bought a second machine.Knowing full well these units cannot be daisy chined does anyone know how to set up 2 independant playlists with the software provided? If you plugin the second unit the first playlistis shown until you down load titles again which is very time consuming, operating it independantly is no problem but I want to use my computer to run them both. Thanx

Purchased At:   Electronic Playground

Submitted by Joe a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have just gotten this prodcut and so far looks really great. I am just writing this review prematurely to alert all as to the PClink (Netnamer) software connection. This process looks really great, but a word of caution:

If the cable is not long enough make sure you get the right cable. It has been posted on this site earlier, that it is a "Null modem" cable or sometime referred to as "PC interconnect" cable. Female DB9 on both ends is a good indicator. If this is not long enough then use a straight pass thru cable as the second cable in the line. However, the most important thing when trying to make connection is to turn on the Kenwood and let all of the disk seeking proceed BEFORE you opene the software, other wise you get a "connect detect" message which can be very aggravating when you are trying to debug your connection.

Other than that the only proble is the software is kind of a cluge. I have NEVER had a Windows program REQUIRE that I use "small font" display setting before the software would appear correctly. A very poor showing for Kenwood, but the software works pretty good and I admire the attempt by Kenwood. Sure beats typing in all the info (allthough not too much of a problem I guess with the remote keyboard)

Purchased At:   Good Guys