Jolida JD603 CD Players

3.83/5 (23 Reviews) MSRP : $550.00

Single Disc Tube CD Player.

Submitted by Leonard Rosenblum a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Great Sound while it lasted.

Purchased At:   Galen Carol Audio

Submitted by manmarlboro a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is one of the most musical CD players I have had the pleasure to use. It is too bad the reliability is so bad. After 5 months of use my first unit would not open either by remote command nor by pushing the button on the unit. The replacement worked for one hour and the same problem occured. I will return it also and purchase another manufactures product. I have owned many different manufactures CD player over the years and never had an operating problem.

Submitted by Ken a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
So far mine hasn't missed a beat. Has worked flawlessly (knock on wood) The sound is incredible. Beautiful, smooth, almost anolog sounding with incredible detail. Changed the stock Chinese tubes to NOS Sovtek 12AX7 LPS. Gives it a more focused soundstage greater punch in the bottom end. It's to bad that the 603 has so many negitive reviews. I think Jolida got stuck with a bad batch of drives/sensors and most of them are ending up here. I here Jolida is coming out with a new model soon. Lets hope all production quality concerns have been addressed. Any way, I'm very happy with mine. So Far!

Submitted by eric the red a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
Just think of this player as a little finicky and you'll be fine. So it skips every once in awhile on some discs...for the price-who cares? With some 35.00 NOS tubes from Galen Carol Audio, the Jolida smokes all the players listed above that have spent extended time in my system. I would have paid full retail for this player if I wouldn't have found a great deal on one now that I've heard it. If you can find one pre-owned-BUY IT NOW!

Purchased At:   Audiogon classifieds

Submitted by David Stomackin a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
In my review of the JD603A I raved about the sound quality and hammered the build quality. The hammer came down even harder shortly after that review was posted.

The deck stopped scanning discs consistently and developed some annoying distortion in both channels that was especially bad through the headphone jacks. These problems made me realize that Jolida hadn't made much progress at all in addressing the quality concerns with this unit and I called United Home Products for return instructions.

UHP was very accommodating and took it back, no questions asked. They did point out that I was the only one of over 35 buyers that was having a problem, but I didn't want a repair or exchange and they have agreed to refund my purchase price.

I found a used CAL Aria Mk. III and I'm back in sonic heaven, but I can't help feeling dissapointed. Jolida wouldn't have to do much to improve the build and function of these decks and they would have a true giant killer. As it is now, I wouldn't recommend anyone purchase one of these. Jolida still has some work to do.

Purchased At:   United Home products