Jolida JD-100A CD Players

4.92/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

Play your favorite CDs on the very impressive Jolida JD 100A that boasts state-of-the features. This Jolida CD player mingles the quality of tube audio sound with the design uniqueness of Jolida. This tube CD player utilizes two 12AX7A vacuum tubes for generating amazing sound quality for you. The Jolida JD 100A brings with itself a full function remote control accompanied by search function for ease of use. This Jolida CD player produces excellent quality sound within the frequency range 20Hz to 20KHz. The variable headphone output in this tube CD player lets you hear the audio at your individual convenience. Gain stage utilizes 2 x 12AX7A vacuum tubes. No op-amps. Two transformers. 24/96 Burr Brown DAC. Phillips CDM 12 transport. Variable headphone output.

Submitted by bob a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
this review is actually for the FX DACIII. The CD player is discontinued now. I did not see how to write a new review for the DACIII. I got an FX DACIII from Petery-Hedden Co. and those guys are great to deal with. I got a factory upgrade one. Wow is all that I can say. I have heard a lot of stuff over the years, but this outshines any records or turntables I have ever heard. This is smooth, detailed, refined. Nice bass, cleans up the highs, and it is pleasant sounding. I used a Sony 5 disc player with a USB port on the front. I have all my CDs copied to USB flash drives. Now I can play from the flash drives and set for shuffle. Days of music shuffled. Now running the CD player through the DACIII I get the sound I have wanted. Wonderful. Get one of these DACs. Same DAC that was used in the CD player. I love the Jolida amp and DACIII together. I am listening to music all the time now.

Submitted by kevinzeoli a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
Liquid mids, large sound stage. This cd player cannot be beat for the money. It is better than most players on the market 5 times its price point. The one upgrade I would suggest is replacing the stock tubes with a pair of NOS Mullard 12AX7A's. The sound becomes even more glorious and detailed. The build quality far exceeds the price point. No attention to detail is overlooked. I am still trying to figure out how Jolida can offer such a good player at this price point and still be profitable.

Submitted by Frank a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Great soud stage, sweet mid tone , and clear high tone. Bass is ok and response fast. Powerful enough to drive my dynaudio 62.
Warm ing it up for 30 mins, it sounds even better ( more soomth and warm).

Only one small problem, the knob and swithes don't work soomthly if the amp stops using for one month or longer.
But this problem disappears when you let the amp work for a hour.

Submitted by Tune Man a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
My California Audio Labs Icon II Powerboss had stopped working and was going to be expensive to repair so i set out to find a replacement. I first tried the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V1. A decent player for the money but not even close to the CAL. I sold the Cambridge and decided I would have to spend more to get the sound I wanted. I bought a Arcam Diva 82T and really liked the ergonomics, but found the sound very dissopointing. Very sterile with a small soundstage. I decided to try the Jolida JD-100A. I liked it better than the previous 2 players right away. Warm sounding with a big soundstage. I had the stock Chinese tubes in it and decided to try upgrading to new production Mullard Cryo-treated tubes which sounded different but not really better. Then I decided to try some NOS tubes and got a good deal on some GE 5751 from the 60's. Wow!
What an improvement! Soundstage was no bigger, but detail and bass improved dramatically. The great thing about this player is by changing Tubes you can change the sound (drastically in some cases) and fine tune it to the components it's matched to. I highly recommend this player! Much better than anything else I've heard in it's price class.

Strengths:
Big smooth open soundstage. Fantastic on female vocals. Very balanced sound that can be fine-tuned by changing Tubes.

Weaknesses:
NOS Tubes sound better than the new production Tubes and allthough they are a great upgrade to this player can be quie expensive. But look around and you can get a great deal. I only paid $ 25 for a pair of GE 5751 NOS Tubes and the improvement was unbelivable. In my IMHO a much better buy than $ 350 NOS Mullards, which are very nice.

Submitted by jazz cat a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
This unit has transformed previously unlistenable CD's into something which is enjoyable. I would suggest that anyone that is curious about whether tubes are all they are cracked up to be to demo them at a local high end retailer. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

I usually don't badmouth dealers unless they really deserve it and so I would like to relate my experience with
the PARTS CONNEXION which is run by Chris Johnson in Burlington Ontario. I live a few miles from him and was looking forward to dealing with him. He assured my that he could sell me an unmodified unit but eventually changed his mind in the most cowardly way by refusing to return my calls once it probably sunk in that his profit margin would be lower. So sad, no returned calls or emails, and just because he was ashamed and realized that he misled me. Will report to Better Business Bureau. Hope he goes under for lying to customers. I will spread this account on every forum I visit. Every action has an equal reaction Chris! Shame on you.

Product model year:   2009