Jolida JD-100A CD Players

4.92/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

Play your favorite CDs on the very impressive Jolida JD 100A that boasts state-of-the features. This Jolida CD player mingles the quality of tube audio sound with the design uniqueness of Jolida. This tube CD player utilizes two 12AX7A vacuum tubes for generating amazing sound quality for you. The Jolida JD 100A brings with itself a full function remote control accompanied by search function for ease of use. This Jolida CD player produces excellent quality sound within the frequency range 20Hz to 20KHz. The variable headphone output in this tube CD player lets you hear the audio at your individual convenience. Gain stage utilizes 2 x 12AX7A vacuum tubes. No op-amps. Two transformers. 24/96 Burr Brown DAC. Phillips CDM 12 transport. Variable headphone output.

Submitted by kevinzeoli a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 11, 2011

Bottom Line:
Liquid mids, large sound stage. This cd player cannot be beat for the money. It is better than most players on the market 5 times its price point. The one upgrade I would suggest is replacing the stock tubes with a pair of NOS Mullard 12AX7A's. The sound becomes even more glorious and detailed. The build quality far exceeds the price point. No attention to detail is overlooked. I am still trying to figure out how Jolida can offer such a good player at this price point and still be profitable.

Submitted by Frank a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
Great soud stage, sweet mid tone , and clear high tone. Bass is ok and response fast. Powerful enough to drive my dynaudio 62.
Warm ing it up for 30 mins, it sounds even better ( more soomth and warm).

Only one small problem, the knob and swithes don't work soomthly if the amp stops using for one month or longer.
But this problem disappears when you let the amp work for a hour.

Submitted by Tune Man a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 5, 2009

Bottom Line:
My California Audio Labs Icon II Powerboss had stopped working and was going to be expensive to repair so i set out to find a replacement. I first tried the Cambridge Audio Azur 640C V1. A decent player for the money but not even close to the CAL. I sold the Cambridge and decided I would have to spend more to get the sound I wanted. I bought a Arcam Diva 82T and really liked the ergonomics, but found the sound very dissopointing. Very sterile with a small soundstage. I decided to try the Jolida JD-100A. I liked it better than the previous 2 players right away. Warm sounding with a big soundstage. I had the stock Chinese tubes in it and decided to try upgrading to new production Mullard Cryo-treated tubes which sounded different but not really better. Then I decided to try some NOS tubes and got a good deal on some GE 5751 from the 60's. Wow!
What an improvement! Soundstage was no bigger, but detail and bass improved dramatically. The great thing about this player is by changing Tubes you can change the sound (drastically in some cases) and fine tune it to the components it's matched to. I highly recommend this player! Much better than anything else I've heard in it's price class.

Strengths:
Big smooth open soundstage. Fantastic on female vocals. Very balanced sound that can be fine-tuned by changing Tubes.

Weaknesses:
NOS Tubes sound better than the new production Tubes and allthough they are a great upgrade to this player can be quie expensive. But look around and you can get a great deal. I only paid $ 25 for a pair of GE 5751 NOS Tubes and the improvement was unbelivable. In my IMHO a much better buy than $ 350 NOS Mullards, which are very nice.

Submitted by jazz cat a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2009

Bottom Line:
This unit has transformed previously unlistenable CD's into something which is enjoyable. I would suggest that anyone that is curious about whether tubes are all they are cracked up to be to demo them at a local high end retailer. One of the best purchases I have ever made.

I usually don't badmouth dealers unless they really deserve it and so I would like to relate my experience with
the PARTS CONNEXION which is run by Chris Johnson in Burlington Ontario. I live a few miles from him and was looking forward to dealing with him. He assured my that he could sell me an unmodified unit but eventually changed his mind in the most cowardly way by refusing to return my calls once it probably sunk in that his profit margin would be lower. So sad, no returned calls or emails, and just because he was ashamed and realized that he misled me. Will report to Better Business Bureau. Hope he goes under for lying to customers. I will spread this account on every forum I visit. Every action has an equal reaction Chris! Shame on you.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by wpm a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
The Jolida JD-1501A solid-state/vacuum tube hybrid integrated amplifier and Jolida JD-100A vacuum tube CD player. I purchased these components as a pair so the context of this review reflects the use of both units.

This is the combo that will have all the big-rig makers afraid. Three reasons: first, they are made in China. Second, they are inexpensive. Third, and most importantly, they sound awesome! Well, I can add a forth to this list; they are very well made, too.

No need to wax over what other reviewer’s have already said, except to add that this paring has replaced an “all-tube” USA made, mono-block system valued at over $5K. I have absolutely no regrets in selling off the mono system; I only wish I had stumbled upon these Jolida’s before shelling out all that green.

If, like me, you have grown tired of perpetually swapping out audio gear, then this is the system for you. It’s one that you can simply set-up and immediately start enjoying the music with. Forget about the “high-end” components. Rubbish! This system makes music, plain and simple.

From top to bottom this system delivers. It is transparent, dynamic, and the bass on my Vandersteen 1B’s has never sounded better. Right out of the box they sounded fabulous, but give them some break-in time and everything opens up and smoothes out.

I experimented with different tubes and found that, for my ears and liking, a pair of Amperex 12AU7’s (yes, 12AU7’s can be used) in the amp and Penta Labs 12AX7’s in the CD player sounded best. Your results may vary, so experiment to your heart’s content. There’s no wrong combination.

I am very pleased with these two Jolida products and they will be with me for a very long time. And, the nicest thing is that I was able to purchase a 50-inch plasma television with the left over money from the mono amp system sale!

Sennheiser: