Harman Kardon HD 760 CD Players

4.9/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $600.00

Submitted by a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've had a Marantz CD-80 for 11 years, a very audiophile sounding cd-player. Many new cd-players didn't even come close to the CD-80. Now my CD-80 broke down... I searched for a DVD and CD-player with the same sound quality as the Marantz. The one that came close was very expensive. I was lucky to find a Harman Kardon HD-760. This cd-player sounds very audiophile and is well balanced in the total frequency range. A very good player for an even better price!! The HD-760 is very recommendable.

Purchased At:   Radio Roelandschap

Submitted by Peter a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Harman/Kardon HD760 is a very good sounding player, 3d soundstage with 24bits hdcd and 4x20bits converters for a clear sound with voices and every kind of music. The Hd760 is very jitter free and quick responding as you skip tracks. The remote is very good responding at any commando. The HD760 is very good built for many years of error free playing. It is the best sounding player for U$ 250 I ever heard. Another point is the standby function, the coax and optical outputs and the gold plated cinch outputs. The HD760 looks very nice and you can dimm the diplay or put it off. The HD760 I can recommended and has a better price/quality rate as many other players.

Purchased At:   Correct consumer electronics

Submitted by Stephan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 23, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is the best CD-player you can buy for 250USD, at least from the ones I've heard. The level of detail, the bass, the staging is all excellent for a player in this price-range. The comparison with the Meridian (which cost over 5x as much) is in favout on the Meridian, just because of the staging which is more 3D than the HK. The rest is more or less equal (bass, details, highs).

The only weakness I've found is the build of the tray, this looks kind op low budget. It has not caused any problems in my system so it could very well be a perceived problem instead of a real problem.

Purchased At:   Raf Hifi Lelystad

Submitted by Rainer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Wow!

I couldn't think of any better word to begin this review of the Harman Kardon HD-760 CD-player!
I have had several Cd-players before and I have always been satisfied with their sound but now that the HD-760 I begin to realize that the real enjoyment of music has just begun.
The HD-760 simply and honestly sounds wonderful: it has deep bass enough to make your walls tremble, it has a fluent and very natural midrange to make your heart sing and it has very clear highs to set the mood just right.
And you know what I very much liked as well? The majestic way in which the CD-tray opens itself. This baby has got class....

With the HD-760 I have begun to listen to the music instead of to my system. It is a superb CD-player which I can recommend to everyone who's interested in *music*, not hifi.

You think I am exaggerating? Well, try one for yourself in that case.
I am quite sure that you will be just as delighted as I am.

Wow!

Purchased At:   Raf Hifi in Amsterdam

Submitted by RODOLFO ZUECK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
This cd is more than i expected for the price , i had about
7 year with him and i don't had any problems, it has an external optical fiber output for an other digital processor, and remote control volume level,, really is the best buy at for the price¡¡

Purchased At:   Sala Chopin